Conflict in History: Student Presentation Competition
The University of Limerick’s Department of History is pleased to announce a student presentation competition on the theme of Conflict in History. Submissions are invited on any period, place or time dealing with any aspect of conflict. The prize winner will receive a €1,000 fee waiver on successful enrolment onto the Department’s new MA in Irish and Global Conflict History.
Entries to History@ul.ie should be submitted no later than 4 pm, 28 April 2023
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to undergraduate students and those who have been conferred with a BA degree in history or a cognate discipline since 1 January 2020, and who are citizens of Ireland, another EU country, or the UK.
2. Only one entry per person is permitted.
3. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize you may win. The Department of History may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
4. The Department of History reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
How to enter
5. Entrants for the competition must submit a three-minute recorded and illustrated presentation (PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, etc.) no later than 4 pm on 28 April 2023 to History@ul.ie. Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted.
6. All entries must report on original work conducted primarily by the person presenting the work.
7. Entries will be judged based on content, organisation, and quality of oral presentation.
8. The Department of History will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
9. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
10. The Department of History reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
11. The prize winner will receive a part-fee waiver amounting to €1,000 once admitted and enrolled onto the MA in Irish and Global Conflict History at the University of Limerick.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Department of History reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Department’s control makes it necessary to do so.
13. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen. If a winner does not respond to the Department of History within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Department of History will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
14. The decision of the Department of History regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
15. The Department of History reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
Data protection and publicity
17. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by the Department of History to administer the competition.
18. This competition will be governed by Irish law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
19. The Department of History reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.
MA in Irish and Global Conflict History, APPLY HERE