Students in the BSc Nursing (Intellectual Disability, General and Mental Health) and Midwifery programmes attend placement sites in the following locations:
- UL Hospitals Group and St John’s Hospital
- CHO Area 3 Mental Health Services and Daughters of Charity Disability Support Services
- Limerick and North Tipperary
In order to receive a ‘P’ Pass grade for this module students must:
- Successfully complete required National Competency Assessment Document/s as appropriate to placement allocation. To achieve competency during practice placement a minimum attendance of 80% is normally required.
- Record 100% practice placement attendance.
- Accurately complete and submit their Competency Assessment Document.
- In line with the module learning outcomes, recognising these modules as Professional Accreditation Related Elements (PARE) 3.7.1 as per The Handbook of Academic Regulations and Procedures, University of Limerick the student has a responsibility to act in a professional manner at all times. In the event of a student displaying unsafe practice and/or unprofessional values and conduct a ‘fail’ grade will be awarded for the module.