EU Medical Cover
As an EU student, you are eligible to avail of the full medical services in Ireland. In order to do so, bring a European Health Card with you, which you can obtain from your local health board in your home country. The European Health Card entitles you to public health care for medical treatment. More information can be found here
Private Health Insurance
Study & Protect
Study & Protect, a specialist international student insurance broker, provide a comprehensive health insurance offering by Irish Life Health called ‘Study in Ireland’.
Key Benefits include:
- Pre-existing conditions waiting periods are waived meaning all policy benefits are activated immediately
- The upgrade waiting period is waived meaning students can upgrade their plan to a more expensive plan only for the days required to avail of private hospital treatment for as little as €9 per day (depending on age and plan selected).
- Unlimited digital doctor sessions with a fully qualified GP from the comfort of your own accommodation.
- Mental Health support via the Irish Life Health mobile app which provides 24/7 support (includes Telephone Counselling, Video Counselling, Text Chat and more).
- Study & Protect Whatsapp Messenger support for any claim, policy or coverage queries.
Other Health Insurance Options
UL Student Health Centre
The Student Health Centre is located in block C, level M, in the main building and provides a service for University of Limerick registered students only.
The Student Health Centre is an urgent care/advisory service and deals with all general health issues as they present. Our services include access to: doctor (GP), nurse, contraceptive clinic, sexual health clinic and physiotherapy. We now offer a mixture of face to face and telephone consultations.
The Student Health Centre is closed for walk in bookings and enquiries. Please telephone to book a consultation and do not present in person unless you have been instructed by Student Health Centre staff to come in
Click here for further information.
The UL Student Health Centre web page provides plenty of useful information for international students