Depending on the Apprenticeship programme, delivery is either conducted online or through a blend of face-to-face sessions and online learning. In all instances this learning is supported by a company mentor.
While apprentices’ will engage in significant study time the maximum ratio of on-the-job to off-the-job is 75/25. There are additional summer school requirements, industry based seminars and company visits to explore practical application of the course of study in Irish and International enterprises. These vary between programmes of study.
All Apprentices will engage in a Community of Practice to allow them to interact and engage in peer-to-peer learning and networking activities, masterclasses, and an e-portfolio.
Apprenticeships are supported by a dedicated resource from the University who will also work with the in-company mentors.
What are the Key Benefits to your company
- Develop your own talent – fill your current or predicted skills by growing your own in-house knowledge and talent with a combination of on the-job training and formal studies
- Bring fresh thinking to your business
- Strengthen your employer brand and awareness
- Enhance productivity and cost effectiveness
What are the Key Benefits to employees
- Develop you own talent – Gain valuable skills with a combination of on-the-job training and flexible formal studies
- Acquire in-depth understanding of the latest developments and emerging processes supporting innovations
- Develop business and interpersonal skills such as teamwork, project management, report writing and presentation.