The UL Law Fair will take place on Thursday, 5th October 2023, in the UL Foundation Building. The Fair will be open to students from 11.30 am to 1.30 pm.
Prepare for the Fair!
How the Careers Service can help you write a winning CV
We have three ways to help you get feedback and support with your CV:
Do a free online practice video interview with Shortlist.Me
- Shortlist.Me is an interview preparation platform that helps you practice various careers and recruiter video interviews. In a competitive job market, feeling comfortable in interviews is critical. This takes practice and experience – the more you interview, the more you learn about yourself and what is expected at an interview.
- Shortlist.Me interview practice is available 24/7 from any location. You can access the platform directly and complete practice interviews independently at a time that best suits you.
- Our helpful UL Interview Skills Booklet cover a range of topics from interview preparation, types of interview, and tricky questions to Top Tips for interviews.
- Check out our YouTube channel, subscribe and watch recordings of workshops with Careers Advisors discussing best practices for interviews.
- You can get help preparing for interviews through our online Career Consultation appointments. Log into CareersConnect, click on 'Book', then 'Appointments' and use our Appointment Finder tool to book the correct appointment type for
On the day
- Note the names of any contacts you make on the day.
- Think about your strengths and skills and be able to tell an employer what you have to offer.
- Consider what questions you want to ask them: What vacancies do they have? What are their requirements? What training opportunities do they provide?
- Be sure to contact the less well-known organisations as they often have very challenging opportunities to offer.
We run Career Fairs throughout the year. Check back here or CareersConnect for updates.