UL Sports Scholarships
The UL Sports Scholarships are designed to support top athletes in pursuing and excelling in their sport while also undertaking academic study at the University of Limerick.
The scholarships are open to all current, full time, UL students or those who are applying to come to UL for the first time either through CAO or transferring at undergraduate or postgraduate level. Applicants must be a member of a national governing body of sport recognised by the Irish Sports Council, in the sport in which they are applying for a scholarship.
Scholarships will be offered at 3 levels:
Support towards a training grant, accommodation, registration, sports science support, coaching and gym membership. Valued at more than €10,000 per year.
Support towards a training grant, accommodation, registration, sports science support, coaching and gym membership. Valued at more than €5,000 per year.
Support towards a training grant, sports science support, coaching and gym membership. Valued at more than €1,200.
In addition UL will support all of the athletes with workshops and academic mentoring to help them achieve success in both academic and sporting careers.
Other UL Sports Scholarships
Applicants for UL Sports Scholarships will automatically be considered for a number of other sport specific scholarships.
- The Michael Hillary and Jacinta O’Brien Athletics Scholarships
- The Plassey Campus Company / Swim Ireland Bursaries
The University of Limerick has always been a leader in sport in Ireland. The campus boasts some of the best sports facilities in Europe and together with leading sports academic programmes, elite coaches, sports scientists, accommodation and athlete support systems UL has a track record of developing world class talent in a wide variety of sports.
University of Limerick is home to the largest all-weather sports field complex in Europe.
Feature facilities at UL Sport include;
- National Strength and Conditioning Centre
- 50m National Swimming Pool
- 25m Diving Pool
- 225m suspended running track
- 60m Indoor Sprint Track
- Health & Performance Centre
- Fitness Studio - one of Ireland's largest with over 100 pieces of equipment
- Basketball Arena
- The National Altitude Training Centre
- North Campus 3G Floodlit All-Weather Pitches including 2 x Soccer (FIFA Star Rating), 1 x GAA & 1 x Rugby (IRB Star Rating) & a High Performance Gym
- UL Sport (Maguires) Floodlit All-Weather Pitches including 2 x Full Size 3G GAA, 4 x 3G Soccer, full size GAA (Grass /Field Turf)
- 3 x Ball Walls
- UL Sport Boathouse - home to Ireland’s only Indoor Powered Rowing Tank
- UL Sport International Standard 400m Outdoor Track (newly resurfaced)
- UL Sport Adventure Centre, Killaloe, for all outdoor adventure activities- Archery, Sailing, Kayaking, Mountain Trekking, Orienteering, High Ropes Course and Team Building events
Starting in 2019:
- 21m Indoor Climbing Wall and Bouldering Arena
Applications for a UL Sports Scholarships can be made via the application form on this page.
You must be a current Athlete, pursuing a full time academic course.
Any queries can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Applications is the 1st of March 2019 at 5PM