Teaching Policies in Europe: Strengthening Collaboration
Project aims to explore the policy discourses of teacher collaboration in three different EU Member States: England, Ireland and the Netherlands. Project is supported by Summer School in European Education Studies (SUSEES). It addresses the following questions:
- What are the dominant discourses of teacher collaboration in the national policy texts?
- Is teacher collaboration a clear policy focus in all three contexts, or is there a notable difference in the emphasis placed on it?
- Finally, how do the policy discourses of teacher collaboration link to wider debates in education at European and global level (e.g. school autonomy, privatization, and performativity)?
- Natalie Browes, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Alison Milner, The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Dr. Timothy R. N. Murphy, School of Education, The University of Limerick, Republic of Ireland
Activities completed to date