CPD For Education Professionals: Existing Provision and a Needs Analysis
Dr. Timothy R. N. Murphy, SoE, UL, and Dr. Cathal de Paor, MIC, conducted a needs analysis for CPD provision undertaken to prepare for the development of the new National Institute for Studies in Education (NISE) in Ireland. The data which provides the basis for the needs analysis was collected using an online survey of 591 education professionals.
Activities completed to date
- Murphy, T. R. N. & de Paor, C. (2017). Teachers' CPD and sectoral interests: Opportunities for convergence and divergence. Teaching and Teacher Education http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2017.04.018
- De Paor, C., & Murphy, R. R. N. (2018) Teachers’ views on research as a model of CPD: Implications for policy. European Journal of Teacher Education, 41(2), 169-186. DOI: 10.1080/02619768.2017.1416086
- Attard, M., Murphy, T., and de Paor, C. 2018. TEACHER CPD NEEDS: PERSPECTIVES FROM TEACHERS IN MALTA AND THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, in Attard Tonna, M. and Madalińska-Michalak, J. eds. Teacher Education - International Perspectives and Inspirations
- Murphy, T. & De Paor, C. (2016). Teachers’ views on teacher enquiry for CPD: Implications for policy. Teacher Education Policy in Europe Network (TEPE): Teacher Education from a Global Perspective. University of Malta, May 19-21.
- Murphy, T. & De Paor, C. (2016) Teacher enquiry and action research: Perceptions of Irish Teachers. Educational Studies Association of Ireland (ESAI): Education as a Public Good. Maynooth: Ireland, March 31-April 02.
- Murphy, T. & De Paor, C. (2015). Action Research as a model of CPD: views of Teachers, Association for Teacher Education in Europe (ATEE), University of Glasgow: Scotland, 24-26 August.
- Murphy, T., De Paor, C. & Attard, M. T. (2017). Adopting an inclusive approach to teachers’ CPD needs: Responding to sectoral differences across primary and secondary levels in the Irish and Maltese educational contexts. Teacher Education Policy in Europe (TEPE). Mary Immaculate College, Limerick, May 19-20.