Prof Walter Cullen: is a GP at Abbey River Medical Practice in
City and Professor of General Practice at the
Limerick Graduate Entry Medical School (UL-GEMS). In this role he leads a multidisciplinay research group working on the role of general practice and primary care in addressing problem drug / alcohol use and mental health. This collaborative research programme involves formal collaborations with HSE, primary / secondary care, service user representatives, academic / research institutions and international experts, has realised in excess of 30 peer reviewed publications and in excess of 1.7m in external peer-reviewed grant income. In addition, he also leads the General Practice teaching programme that forms a major part of the innovative curriculum at UL and the establishment of a General Practice Teaching Network to support this activity. At present, over 100 GPs are active members of this Network.
2. Education in general practice and primary care
3. Supporting practice based innovations in education and research>>
- 2008 - RAMI Award (General Practice)
- Member, Irish College of General Practitioners
- Member, Royal College of General Practitioners
- General Practitioner, Abbey River Practice, Limerick City
Development, content and application of performance indicators for mental health and substance use disorders: a literature review and discussion paper.
Henderson, C., Klimas, J., Dunne, C., Leddin, D., Meagher, D., O'Toole, T., Cullen, W.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse