Sharon Moynihan is a qualified Physical Education and English post primary teacher. She has completed her Ph.D. on health and wellbeing in post primary schools and in particular, the role of the teacher for effective health promotion in schools. This research was funded by the Irish Research Council. She has also published a number of articles in the area and has presented her research at national and international education conferences. She is a School Placement Development Officer within the School of Education.
- 2011 - Postgraduate Scholarship
- 2010 - Advanced Scholars Award
- 2010 - Awarded the Liam Dugdale Cup
- Associate Member, Educational Studies Association of Ireland
- Associate Member, Social Personal and Health Education Network