Hannah has performed internationally as a soloist and ensemble singer. In 2016 her work as a vocalist/composer toured European galleries as part of SYMBOLS, a collaborative exhibition (visual arts/music/dance) funded by Creative Europe. She has also directed a numerous choral ensembles including Sionna, Limerick Gospel Choir, Lucernarium, Sonas:The UL Global Choir and the Irish World Academy Choir. She currently sings with medieval music ensemble Cantoral, with whom she recorded 'Let The Joyous Irish Sing Aloud!' in 2014.
Hannah is an active member of a number of professional associations, and is founding Chair of the European Voice Teachers Association Ireland. She is also a member of professional voice teaching networks AOTOS (U.K.) and NATS (U.S.A.), as well as the Society for Music Education in Ireland. Her research interests lie in areas such as vocal pedagogy; voice science; performance studies; ethnomusicology; music education and composition.
- Historical Vocal Pedagogy
- 21st Century Vocal Pedagogy.
- Pedagogical approaches to different genres.
- Interdisciplinary approaches to singing.
- Vocal acoustics
- Singing ideology.
- Anatomy and physiology of the vocal instrument.
Arts Practice Research.
I have developed modules in Voice Studies and Vocal Pedagogy, and my teaching interests are primarily in those areas. I also teach Performance Studies and Ritual Studies, and I regularly contribute to the teaching of practical and performance skills through ensemble direction, performance workshop facilitation and one-to-one vocal teaching.
- 2017 Chair, EVTA Ireland
- 2017 Council Member, European Voice Teachers Association
- 2017 Committee Member, International Congress of Voice Teachers
- 2015 Member, Society for Music Education Ireland
- Member, AOTOS UK
- 2017 International Voice Teachers Congress Committee,
- 2017 EVTA Ireland,
- 2017 European Voice Teachers Association ,
- 2015 - Locating the Gothic Legacy Award
- 2012 - UL40 Scholarship for Postgraduate Study
- Mary Immaculate College - Part Time Lecturer in Music Education
- Music Generation Limerick City - Education
Song of a River 'Cillín'
SYMBOLS: Culture of Death and Cultural Life. New Audiences and Creations Around European Cemetaries.
Fahey, H., Garcia-Reyes, P., Novoa, S., Herrero, A., Brady, L., Sanciu, O.