Her research interests lie in voice studies, vocal pedagogy and social singing and health. As a composer, she has created original music for film, radio, aerial dance and theatre. She recorded 'Let The Joyous Irish Sing Aloud! with medieval vocal ensemble Cantoral and she has directed numerous choral ensembles including Sionna, Limerick Gospel Choir, Lucernarium, Sonas:The UL Global Choir and the Irish World Academy Choir.
- Contemporary vocal pedagogy.
- Teaching singing online.
- Pedagogical approaches to different genres.
- Vocal acoustics
- Singing ideology.
- Anatomy and physiology of the vocal instrument.
- Developing voices
Social Singing, Health & Wellbeing.
I have developed modules in Voice Studies and Vocal Pedagogy, and my teaching interests are primarily in those areas. I also teach Performance Studies and Ritual Studies, and I regularly contribute to the teaching of practical and performance skills through ensemble direction, performance workshop facilitation and one-to-one vocal teaching.
- 2017 Chair, Voice Teachers Ireland (EVTA IRL)
- 2017 Council Member, European Voice Teachers Association
- 2017 Committee Member, International Congress of Voice Teachers
- 2015 Member, Society for Music Education Ireland
- Member, AOTOS UK
- 2017 International Voice Teachers Congress Committee,
- 2017 Voice Teachers Ireland,
- 2017 European Voice Teachers Association ,
- 2015 - Locating the Gothic Legacy Award
- 2012 - UL40 Scholarship for Postgraduate Study
- Mary Immaculate College - Part Time Lecturer in Music Education
- Music Generation Limerick City - Education
Peer Reviewed Journals
Stylistic pluralism and the experiences of classically trained teachers of singing in the Republic of Ireland
(2021) Stylistic pluralism and the experiences of classically trained teachers of singing in the Republic of Ireland
In International Journal Of Music Education;
'As I Roved Out One Morning'
(2021) 'As I Roved Out One Morning'
'If I Fall in the Liffey'
(2019) 'If I Fall in the Liffey'
'Walls of Limerick'
Boccadoro, A., Benigi, R., Byrne, C., Fahey, H. & McGeeney, A.
(2019) 'Walls of Limerick'
'The Voice of Pearl'
Fahey, H & Daly, J.
(2019) 'The Voice of Pearl'
'Waves & Graves'
Fahey, H. & Daly, J.
(2018) 'Waves & Graves'
Fahey, H. & Turner, K.
Stylistic Pluralism, Cultural Dissonance & Vocality in the Teaching of Singing in Ireland'
(2019) Stylistic Pluralism, Cultural Dissonance & Vocality in the Teaching of Singing in Ireland'
'Perspectives on Singing Health and Wellbeing'
(2018) 'Perspectives on Singing Health and Wellbeing'
EUROVOX 2015 The Singers Voice: Rehearse, Record, Reflect and Write.
(2015) EUROVOX 2015 The Singers Voice: Rehearse, Record, Reflect and Write.
Locating the Lament: Re-imagining Lamentation For Modern Performance Settings
(2016) Locating the Lament: Re-imagining Lamentation For Modern Performance Settings
SYMBOLS: Culture of Death and Cultural Life. New Audiences and Creations Around European Cemetaries.
Fahey, H., Garcia-Reyes, P., Novoa, S., Herrero, A., Brady, L., Sanciu, O.
(2016) SYMBOLS: Culture of Death and Cultural Life. New Audiences and Creations Around European Cemetaries.
Let the Joyous Irish Sing Aloud!
Cantoral: Sergent, C., Phelan, H., Lyons, S., Freedman, S., Fahey, H., Mannion, A., Magalhaes, C.
(2014) Let the Joyous Irish Sing Aloud!