BiographyAbhijeet is a Postdoctoral Researcher in multiphase Reactor and Intensification Group (mRING). Prior joining the UL, Abhijeet has completed his Ph.D. program at the Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-Delhi), India. He has completed his Diploma in Chemical Engineering in 2007 from N. G. Patel Polytechnic, Bardoli, India, and Bachelors of Chemical Engineering in 2011 from L.D. College of Engineering, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India. Abhijeet has completed his Master of Technology in Chemical Engineering in 2013 from SVNIT, Surat, India. In 2014, Abhijeet joined Professor Vivek Buwa's research group at IIT Delhi for doctoral research on Liquid-Liquid Phase Separation in Gravity Settlers: Measurements, Population Balance Modelling and CFD Simulations'. Apart from that Abhijeet has contributed to the measurements of particle-resolved flow and concentration distributions in packed-beds and characterisation of Gas-Liquid flows in shallow vessels using time-resolved stereo Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) and Laser-induced Fluorescence (LIF). His current research focuses on development of multi-scale models of hydrodynamic cavitation devices to predict the cavity inception, dynamics and collapse mechanisms. This work involves CFD simulations and measurements of hydrodynamic cavitation devices with advanced flow characterization techniques such as PIV.
Research Interests-Dispersed liquid-liquid flow and separation
-Gas-liquid flow and mixing in industrial process vessels
-Solid-Liquid flow around particles
-Advance experimental characterization of multiphase flow
-Computational fluid dynamics, numerical simulations, andpopulation balance modelling
-Zeolite synthesis and catalyst development
- 2019 - International Travel Grant From Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, to attend an International Conference in Guilin, China.
- 2018 - Research Fellowship From Ministry of Human Resource Development, Goverment of India.
- 2017 - Research Fellowship From Industrial Research, and Development Unit (IRD) IIT Delhi, India
- 2017 - International Travel Grant From Industrial Research and Development Unit (IRD) IIT Delhi to attend an International Conference in Busan, South Korea.
- 2014 - Research Fellowship From Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Government of India.