Dr Sarah MacCurtain is a Senior Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour in the Department of Work and Employment Studies in Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick.. She received her PhD from Aston Business School in 2005. Previous roles include Course Director of the Certificate in HR and the MSc in HRM. Continuing research interests in include leadership, trust and organizational organisational culture, workplace bullying, employee stress and well being, and emotional labour.
She has co-authored publications inclusive of books, monographs, book chapters, journal articles and conference papers. Her books and monographs include High Performance Work Systems: The Economic Evidence (2005), National Centre for Partnership and Performance; Principles of Organisational Behaviour, An Irish Text, Gill and Macmillan, 2004; Managing Knowledge Based Organizations: Top Management Teams and Innovation (2002, Blackhall);Effective Top Management Teams: An International Perspective (2001,Blackhall).
Her articles have been published in journals such as Management Revue, Personnel Review, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Industrial and labor Relations Review, Academy of Management Best paper proceedings and Irish Journal of Management..
Top management teams, leadership and innovation. Team and organisational learning
- 2007 Fellow Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland ,
- 2007 Member Health Management Institute of Ireland . ,
- 2007 Co Director Health Services Performance Research Group. ,
- 2006 The Academy of Management (US) ,
- 2006 member, Academy of Management
- 2005 *, Beta Gamma Sigma
- 2005 Aston University - Ph.D.
- 1995 University of Limerick - Master of Business Studies
- - letter of commendation in teaching