BiographyDr Khalifa Elmusharaf, MBBS, PgCert, PgDip, FRSPH, FFPH, IPMA®C, PhD is Associate Professor in Public Health at the University of Birmingham Dubai and the founding director of the Public Health Master Program at the School of Medicine at the University of Limerick and the Chair of the Board of Directors of the Irish Global Health Network (IGHN). Dr Elmusharaf is a fellow of the Faculty of Public Health, Royal College of Physicians UK. He is an accredited reviewer for the European Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation APHEA, a certified strategic project manager from the International Project Management Association IPMA, and a certified health professional educationalist from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland RCSI.
Dr Elmusharaf is medically trained and obtained his PhD in Public Health from the National University of Ireland Galway NUIG. Dr Elmusharaf is an advisor to the WHO on Mother and Newborn Information for Tracking Outcomes and Results and an advisor to UNDP on non-communicable diseases. He is an associated editor at the BMC Public Health, BMC Health Services Research and International Health Journals. Dr Elmusharaf has more than 20 years of experience in academia, ministries of health, and international organizations in Africa, the Middle East, and Europe
Dr Elmusharaf's research interest is in Global Maternal Health in developing countries and conflict-affected fragile states.
Research InterestsDr Elmusharaf's research interest includes:
- Global Maternal Health
- Non-communicable diseases
- Health systems in developing countries and conflict-affected fragile states.
- 2020 FFPH, Faculty of Public Health Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom
- 2016 Advisor to on the Mother and Newborn Information for Tracking Outcomes and Results (MONITOR), World Health Organization WHO
- 2015 Member of Board of Directors , The Network: Towards Unity for Health TUFH
- 2015 Advisor to the steering committee , Health Systems in Fragile and Conflict Affected States at Health Systems Global
- 2011 Fellow, Royal Society of Public Health RSPH
- 2020 Faculty of Public Health Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom - FFPH
- 2016 Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - Postgraduate Certificate
- 2012 National University of Ireland Galway - PhD
- 2011 Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research - Postgraduate Certificate
- 2007 UMST University - Postgraduate Diploma
- 2002 UMST University - MBBS
- 2019 Clinical Transformation working group , Clinical Transformation working group on ULHG Health Sciences Academy
- 2018 WHO CHAT Technical Advisory Group, Act as a Technical Adviser to WHO on Child Health Accountability Tracking (CHAT) to provide a standard set of indicators for monitoring and reporting on child health globally.
- 2017 EHS Internationalization Committee,
- 2016 National Undergraduate Curriculum Working Group , National Undergraduate Curriculum on Health Behaviour Change for Chronic Disease Prevention & Management
- 2016 WHO MONITOR Technical Advisory Group, Advise World Health Organization WHO on matters of measurement, metrics and monitoring of maternal and newborn health for the Departments of Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (MCA) and Reproductive Health and Research (RHR) as part of The Mother and Newborn Information for Tracking Outcomes and Results (MONITOR) technical advisory group.
- 2017 - Ambassador Recognition Award
- 2016 University of Limerick - Senior Lecturer in Public Health
- 2012 Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - Lecturer in Epidemiology & Public Health Medicine Population & International Health Coordinator
- 2010 Reproductive & Child Health Research Unit (RCRU) - Director