Graduate of St Mary's University (BSc in Sports Science), Canterbury Christ Church University (PGCE in Physical Education) and University of Limerick (PhD). Worked as a Physical Education teacher in England for 9 years before returning to Ireland to pursue further study. Completed a PhD while lecturing on the Physical Education and Sport Sciences programme (PESS) at the University of Limerick. PhD study looked at the role of the cooperating teacher during school placement, with the aim to contribute to the development of a formal supervision role (part funded by the Teaching Council). Research interests: initial teacher education, school placement and continuous professional development.
Research Interests: Initial teacher education with a focus on the development of the school placement process. Specifically looking at the role each of the key stakeholders play in the development of student teachers and the development of a structured and formal approach to supervision in school placement. Curriculum development in Physical Education.
- 2013 University of Limerick - School Placement Coordinator
- 2009 University of Limerick - Lecturer in Physical Education/Applied Studies Coordinator
- 2009 Association member, Physical Education Association of Ireland
- 2008 Member, PE-PAYS Research Centre
- Association member, Educational Studies Association of Ireland
- Association member, International Association for Physical Education in Higher Education