Mathematics Applications Consortium for Science and Industry (),
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Limerick (UL), Limerick, Ireland.
Research project: 'Modelling of Stochastic Dynamics on Complex Networks'
Isfahan University of Technology (IUT) (www.iut.ac.ir/en), Isfahan, Iran
B.Sc., Physics, 2005 2009
Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), Isfahan, Iran
S. Osat, A. Faqeeh, F. Radicchi, 'Optimal percolation on multiplex networks' arXiv:1707.01401 (2017), submitted to Nature Communications.
A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, P. Colomer-de-Simón, J. P. Gleeson, 'Emergence of coexisting percolating clusters in networks', Phys. Rev E. 93, 062308 (2016).
A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, J.P. Gleeson, 'Network cloning unfolds the effect of clustering on dynamical processes', Phys. Rev. E 91, 052807 (2015).
A. Faqeeh, K.A. Samani, 'Community detection based on the clumpiness matrix in complex networks', Physica A 391 (2012) 24632474.
· A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, P. Colomer-de-Simón, J. P. Gleeson, 'Strong finite size effects in percolation of large modular networks', CompleNet 2016, March 23-25, Dijon, France, (oral presentation).
· A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, J. P. Gleeson, 'Accurate percolation theory for modular networks with finite number of interlinks', NetSci 2015, June 1-5, Zaragoza, Spain, (oral presentation).
· A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, J. P. Gleeson, 'Accurate percolation theory for modular networks with finite number of interlinks', Invited talk in a departmental seminar, May 27, 2015, Departament de Física Fonamental, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain.
· A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, P. Colomer-de-Simón, J. P. Gleeson, 'Strong finite size effects in percolation of large modular networks', the 8th Conference on Statistical Mechanics, Soft Condensed Matter and Complex systems, December 24 2015, Esfahan, Iran (oral presentation and paper in the conference proceedings (in Farsi language)).
· A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, J.P. Gleeson, 'L-cloning for the analysis of network clustering', CompleNet 2015, March 25-27, 2015, New York City, USA, (oral presentation).
· A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, J.P. Gleeson, 'Network cloning unfolds the effect of clustering on dynamical processes', ECCS14, Sept. 22-26 2014, Lucca, Italy (Poster presentation, and also a talk on the CSS satellite).
· A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, J.P. Gleeson, 'Network cloning unfolds the effect of clustering', NetSci 2014, June 2-6 2014, Berkely, Califonia (Poster presentation).
· A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, J.P. Gleeson, 'Reliability of Predictions for Dynamics Running on Networks', UL-NUIG Postgraduate Research Day, May 20, 2014, University of Limerick (Selected for 'thesis in 3' competition talks).
· A. Faqeeh and K.A. Samani, 'Detecting community structure of complex networks using the clumpiness matrix', Lipari school on Computational Complex Systems, July 2013, Lipary, Italy (Students short presentations).
· A. Faqeeh, S. Melnik, J.P. Gleeson, 'Network cloning to inspect the accuracy of theories for dynamical processes' MACSI Short Informal Mathematics (SIM) talk, May 6, 2014, Dept. of Math. & Stats, UL.
Working with C, MATLAB, FORTRAN, and Gnuplot,
Also familiar with: High Performance Computing, NUMERICAL RECIPES, and bash scripts (in Linux).
LATEX, MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, Linux, Pajek, and Adobe Photoshop
Department of Math. & Stats., University of Limerick
Department of Physics, Isfahan University of Technology
· Physics of Critical Phenomena Spring 2011
· Solid States Physics (I) Fall 2008
· Quantum Mechanics (I) Fall 2008
Research assistant2011 2012
Physics Department and the Central Laboratory, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
Worked on designing and constructing a Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM).
I am currently a postdoctoral fellow at the School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering at Indiana University, Bloomington, IN. I received my PhD degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of Limerick in 2016.
My research interests include Complex Networks and Systems, Stochastic Processes, Computational Social Science, and Condensed Matter Physics. Currently I'm working on understanding the behavior of Neuronal avalanches, and on another project I'm investigating the structural and dynamical properties of Networks, in particular Multilayer networks. Before that my research activities included developing mathematical models and analytical approaches to describe processes that operate on Networks. I have also investigated community detection techniques in networks. I have also collaborated with industrial partners in modelling of stochastic processes in the European Study Groups. During my studies as an undergraduate and then as a Master's student at Isfahan University of Technology, I also performed research on experimental and computational techniques to study properties of condensed matter systems.
- 2012 University of Limerick - Registered for Phd
- 2011 Isfahan University of Technology - MSc
- 2009 Isfahan University of Technology - BSc Physics