About the Programme
The MSc Nursing studies programme is a level 9, one calendar year full time programme, which is suitable for international students who have a current nurse registration and meet the programme entry requirements. The professional attributes of accountability and commitment to quality improvement, research awareness, reflection and continuous professional development underpin the programme in meeting the needs of a rapidly evolving healthcare system globally. The programme also recognises the need to ensure that adequate support structures are in place to ensure that the student is supported in their personal, academic and professional development. For example sessions in academic reading and writing, study skills, presentation and digital skills are scheduled weekly, as well as weekly English language sessions.
Some unique features of the programme:
- Gain an internationally recognised academic qualification within one year.
- Scholarships to the value of €3,000 available.
- Focuses on integration as some modules are co-scheduled with students on other MSc Nursing Programmes.
- Weekly scheduled English language sessions facilitated by the University of Limerick Language Centre.
- Weekly scheduled sessions to further develop critical thinking, creativity academic reading and academic writing skills, study skills and presentation, communication and digital skills.
- Faculty who pride themselves in providing an excellent student experience.
It is structured as a one-calendar year full time, theoretical programme, to meet the needs of national and international students, who are registered nurses. The MSc Nursing Studies programme prepares and advances students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to become confident, critical, analytical and research aware graduates. The programme provides opportunities to explore research as evidence for enhancing and changing practice and aims to advance the student's aptitudes in becoming confident, analytical and research aware. The abilities to respond safely with sensitivity to the needs of individuals and families for local and international communities will be fostered in an articulate, proactive, innovative and collaborative way.
Further information on Entry Requirements and Programme Outline can be found on the Graduate & Professional Studies websiteDiscover More