Your initial password has been sent to you as part of your offer.
Go to http://portal.office.com and enter your UL email address in the format StudentID@studentmail.ul.ie (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
You will need to Activate your Account before you can access IT Services by doing the following:
- Register for Multifactor Authentication (MFA) & Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR)
- Change your initial password.
For further information please go to Password Management | University of Limerick (ul.ie) and follow the instructions.
For more information on completing enrolment and registering for modules go to: https://www.ul.ie/academic-registry/you-arrive-campus
Passwords must be greater than 8 characters using a mixture of alphanumeric and special characters
PLEASE NOTE: Your Student Account is used to access all material relating to your academic studies at UL
After the initial steps for enrolment are completed. Students will have access to the student email system (Office 365 provided by Microsoft). For details on how to login see the email section
Panopto is a cloud based video platform that facilitates the recording, sharing, editing and management of video content and is the leading video content management system for Higher Education. It is integrated with Sulis and Brightspace, and can be accessed from your computer, laptop or mobile device.
Microsoft Office is available for download through Office 365 mail. Instructions and details are in the software section
Sulis is UL's Learning Management Platform, here you will find information and resources related to your assigned modules. This includes lecture notes, quizzes and other useful resources. You can log into Sulis using your student ID number and student account password at https://sulis.ul.ie
- Student records and Module registration - Student records and module registration: All student record queries should be directed to the Academic Registry Student Hub Online. This includes registration, records or transcript queries.
- Software Checkout for Installation - For library queries which include library fees, software checkout such as NVIVO or SPSS should be directed to the library information desk or email@example.com
- Other Library Resources - Other queries on aspects of Endnote, eduroam access and library resources can be directed towards the library support desk on the ground floor of the Library
- SULIS Queries - Once a student has registered for a module, it takes 24hrs for this information to be populated to the SULIS platform. Content will be available as long as it is published by individual lecturers. Students should always check with their lecturers that the content is published on SULIS and that the student is added to the module correctly.
- The ITD Service Desk – provide computer account and IT support for students. Students can raise a support call by following any of the steps below:
Email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I raise a Support Request?
- Log a call online at www.ul.ie/itss. If your issue is password related - complete the online form, and your password will be reset and issued to you within 24 hours (Monday to Friday). Please only submit this form once.
- Email your query to email@example.com
- For IT issues arising in ITD labs, students can submit support request and queries through the www.ul.ie/itss