Congratulations on receiving your offer letter from the University of Limerick!
You can accept your offer by paying your €600 acceptance deposit. Please note, your acceptance deposit will be deducted from your full tuition.
- We recommend paying online using TransferMate. Please see here for a guide to paying using TransferMate. For queries relating to TrasnferMate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, you can pay over the phone by calling +353 61 529097. This is a 24-hour automated service.
Please check your offer letter carefully to determine if there are any academic or English language conditions attached. If you received a conditional offer letter, the letter will specify the examinations you must undertake and the results you must achieve to satisfy the requirements. As soon as you have completed the examinations and received the results stated on your offer letter, please submit the results to International Education Division (IED) for verification.
Please note, unconditional offer letters are not issued.
Students must provide original documents to the IED office on arrival for verification.
Conditional offer letters will suffice if you are applying for a visa.
New students are required to pay tuition fees for year 1 of their programme before they enrol. Tuition fees for subsequent years of study can be paid in instalments.
The International Education Division is delighted to be able to offer students from outside the EU the option of paying their tuition fees for full-time programmes online. Fees for on-campus accommodation and medical insurance fees may also be paid online. With no international bank transfer fees and a better exchange rate guaranteed it is the preferred method of payment. Your student visa will be processed much faster.
How does it work? You make a local bank transfer in your home country. This local payment takes one day. You then email International Student Payment Service (ISPS) a copy of your electronic funds transfer payment. ISPS receive instant notification from the local bank and transfers the money into the University of Limerick bank account. Proceed to pay for tuition / accommodation / medical insurance online
TransferMate can be contacted directly at email@example.com
Alternative Payment Method: Credit or Debit Card
A payment system is also available for debit/credit cards. There is no service charge associated with this payment. You can pay either:
1. Online at the following link: Pay Here
2. Over the phone by calling 24x7 on 00353 61 529097.
You are required to have:
• Student ID number (application ID which is on the top left of your offer letter)
• Student’s date of birth
- Passport/Travel Documents: Pack your travel documents, passport and offer letter in your hand luggage. Do not pack them into suitcases that will be stowed as you will need to present them at the airport immigration desk. You should make a copy of all the documents and pack the copies separately from the originals. It's also a good idea to leave a copy of the documents at home with your parent/guardian.
- Visa: Get your visa to enter Ireland (if required) well in advance. Please click here to see if you require a visa and for further visa information.
- Offer Letter: Bring your original offer letter with you as you may be asked to produce it when entering Ireland.
- Medical Insurance: This is an immigration requirement. There are a number of private medical insurance companies in Ireland offering health cover. Please see here for INIS guidelines for health insurance O’Driscoll O’Neill Insurance offer a reduced rate https://www.odon.ie/. This can be purchased here.
- Tuition Fees: Be sure to pay your tuition fees in advance. Fees may be paid online.
- Register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau: All international students are required to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) on arrival in Ireland.
- Sufficient Funds: The GNIB will need to see proof that you have sufficient funds for one year at the time you register.
- Accommodation: Have you booked accommodation for your duration at UL? On-campus accommodation can be booked in advance through the Accommodation Office.
- Transfer from the Airport: If you arrive into Shannon Airport on particular dates, the International Office will arrange to collect you free of charge. To avail of this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Details: Before you leave home, give your contact details and Irish address to a family member or friend so that they can contact you easily.
- Prescription Medicine: If you are taking prescription medicine, please be sure to bring it with you.
If you have any queries regarding any aspect of your studies at UL, please contact a member of the International Education Division (IED) team via email: email@example.com