Autumn Semester 1st June and Spring Semester 20th November
GPA of 2.9 on a 4.0 scale is required for direct entry.
Preparing your Application
Before you begin the online application you will need to complete the following tasks
1. Take a selfie! You will need a digital photo.
2. Get an electronic copy of your official transcript.
3. Get a colour photo scan of your passport.
4. Preselect 8 to 10 classes. You will take 5 of these. Talk to your advisor and have a look at our information in Classes & Credits
There are a number of documents mentioned on our online application that are not immediately required:
- Recommendation - you will only require a professor/advisor recommendation if your GPA is below 2.9 on a 4.0 scale. You can submit your application without this.
- Financial Supporting documentation - This is required by the immigration office, you need to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover your study abroad period, €1,500 for each semester. A parent/guardian can provide a notarized financial statement as an alternative. You can submit your application without this. You will need it once you get to Ireland.
- Personal Statement - This is only required if your GPA is below 2.9 on a 4.0 scale. It can be between 300 and 500 words and should outline why you would like to study abroad in Ireland.
Applying Online for the Study Abroad Programme
Erasmus Students - see here: http://www.ul.ie/international/erasmus/incoming-erasmus-students
Exchange Students - see here: http://www.ul.ie/international/exchange/incoming-exchange-students
Full-time Undergraduate or Postgraduate Studies Applications: https://www.ul.ie/study-at-ul/apply-to-ul/
Applicants for Study Abroad must have a high level of competence in English. Any of the following qualifications are acceptable.
ETAP B2 TOEFL 550 (paper-based) 210 (computer based) 80 (internet based) IELTS Minimum overall score of 6.0.
What if I don't meet these requirements? Our on campus language centre offers a range of Pre Sessional English language classes to help you achieve the required level. For more information on English language classes, please see here.
Non EU tuition €6,000 per semester
EU tuition €3,000 per semester – Applies to residents of the EU only
To help you plan your finances for study abroad we have put together a Budget Planner
How to pay – Tuition and accommodation can be paid online securely using our trusted partner PaytoStudy