- Full Year 2021/22 / Autumn Semester 2021 - 1st June 2021
- Spring Semester 2022 - 1st November 2021
Application Opening Dates
- Summer 2021 - Cancelled
- Spring Semester 2022 - 31st July 2021
GPA of 2.9 on a 4.0 scale is required for direct entry. Otherwise, supporting documentation will be required and reviewed to assess your eligibility for the programme.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Choose your CourseApply now
Preparing your Application
Before you begin the online application you will need to contact your study abroad adviser at your home University to get approval to study abroad.
Once you have done that you need to:
1. Take a selfie! You will need a digital photo.
2. Get an electronic copy of your official transcript.
3. Get a colour photo scan of your passport.
4. Preselect 8 to 10 classes. You will take 5 of these. Talk to your advisor and have a look at our information in Classes & Credits
There are a number of documents mentioned on our online application that are not immediately required:
- Recommendation - you will only require a professor/advisor recommendation if your GPA is below 2.9 on a 4.0 scale. You can submit your application without this.
- Financial Supporting documentation - This is required by the immigration office, you need to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover your study abroad period, €1,500 for each semester. A parent/guardian can provide a notarized financial statement as an alternative. You can submit your application without this. You Not require this documentation until you get to Ireland.
- Personal Statement - This is only required if your GPA is below 2.9 on a 4.0 scale. It can be between 300 and 500 words and should outline why you would like to study abroad in Ireland.
Applicants for Study Abroad must have a high level of competence in English. Any of the following qualifications are acceptable.
- B2, or equivalent, level of English (as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- TOEFL 550 (paper-based) 210 (computer based) 80 (internet based)
- IELTS Minimum overall score of 6.0 and not less than 5.5 in any one component.
- UL has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) as a temporary measure for the 2021/22 intake (due to test centre closures). The minimum requirement will be a DET score of 95.
What if I don't meet these requirements? Our on campus language centre offers a range of Pre-sessional English language classes to help you achieve the required level. For more information on English language classes, please see here.