Non-EU students going on Erasmus | UL International Education Division
Skip to main content

Non-EU students going on Erasmus

Non-EU students who undertake an Erasmus academic placement as part of their programme must have an Irish Residence Permit (IRP) card that is valid until the end of the Erasmus academic placement.

Students must also have a re-entry visa when going on Erasmus.  Please apply for a Re-entry visa letter from IED, stating the month of departure and month of your return to Ireland.

ATTN: From 3rd September 2018, the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service will cease their Online appointment service. All applications for re-entry visas will be received through the registered post postal system. Students are advised to submit their postal applications 5 to 6 weeks prior to travel (please see DJE website).

Demand for re-entry visas is very high. The best way to get a visa on time is to apply early by post. You should not make travel plans until you have a visa.

If you leave without a re-entry visa or if you do not return within the period shown on your visa, you must apply again for a new long stay or short stay visa from abroad to come back to Ireland.

© University of Limerick