In order to study at the University of Limerick as a non-EU Exchange student, the student's home institution must have a bilateral agreement with UL and the student must be nominated by their home institution.
- Application deadline for Autumn Semester: June 30th
- Application deadline for Spring Semester: October 31st
When the student has been nominated by their home institution, the student should:
- Complete the Non-EU Exchange Online Application Form, the link for which will be sent to the student's personal email address. Information on terms dates, accommodation and other matters will also be forwarded to the student's e-mail account.
- Reserve accommodation – Students can apply for on campus accommodation or choose to live in private accommodation off campus. Further information is available on the Accommodation page. Once you have been issued with a UL student ID number you are eligible to apply for on-campus accommodation. ID numbers are issued with your offer letters.
- Select provisional modules. Students can download a copy of the ECTS booklet, which contains descriptions of all available modules. Students will need to select their modules in conjunction with the Academic Coordinators at their home university.
- Book flights to arrive at UL in time for Orientation Week. This is a two-day programme that takes place before week 1.
We provide complimentary airport collection on Monday and Tuesday of orientation week.
Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th January 2018 for students beginning studies in the spring.
To sign up for airport collection, just fill in our airport collection form. Our deadline for completing this form is December 15th 2017.
Immigration and Medical Insurance Information
All non-EU Exchange Students are required to register with the Garda Immigration Services within 2 weeks of arrival in Ireland and will be issued with a Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) Card. There is a fee of €300 for this card. Medical insurance for non-EU nationals is a compulsory requirement when applying for the GNIB Card. Students attending the University of Limerick can purchase a medical insurance policy online at a cost of €120 through O'Driscoll O'Neil at www.odon.ie/ul. Other companies providing private medical insurance in Ireland include AVIVA, Laya-healthcare and VHI Healthcare.