Skip to main content

Re-Entry, Multiple Entry and Schengen Visa Information

Re-Entry, Multiple Entry Visas

Your study visa only allows you to enter and leave Ireland once.  If you wish to leave Ireland for a short period (including travel to Northern Ireland), you must apply for a Re-Entry Visa before you make your travel plans.  If you are planning to visit several countries, you should apply for a Multiple Entry Visa.  You can apply for your Re-Entry or Multiple Entry visa by post or by going in person to the Embassy of the country you plan to visit.  Embassys are located in Dublin. Details on the application procedure, fees and application form are available on the INIS website.  

Schengen Visas

Several European Countries are part of the Schengen Area.  This means when travelling to and around these countries, you may apply for one Schengen Visa.  When applying for your Schengen Visa, you should attend the Embassy of the first country you will visit or, in some cases, the main destination of your trip.  For more information about the Schengen Visa, please see the website here.  Further information can be found here.

A letter of confirmation from the University of Limerick to confirm your student status is required with your visa application from.  This letter can be requested from the International Educaiton Division using the Online Letter Request Form.  Remember you must include the proposed dates of travel when requesting a letter from the International Education Division. 

© University of Limerick 2017