Welcome to the University of Limerick
University of Limerick (UL) was established in 1972 as the National Institute for Higher Education and was classified as the University of Limerick in 1989. It is an independent, internationally focused university with over 15,000 students and 1,300 staff. UL has four faculties, Science & Engineering; Kemmy Business School; Education & Health Sciences; Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences. UL is regarded as one of Ireland’s greenest universities and was recently ranked as one of the world’s top green universities. The University is included in the Times Higher Education magazine annual ranking, listing the world’s best 100 universities under the age of 50 years.
UL offers outstanding learning, recreational, cultural and sporting facilities, including 6 on-campus student villages which offer exceptional student accommodation; 382 purpose-built laboratories and the University Sports Arena. UL offers exceptional employability rates with graduates 15% more likely to secure employment than any other Irish University. In the 2017 QS Graduate Employability ranking, UL is ranked 101-150 globally. This high ranking position is a direct result of our strong connections with industry and the professions and a commitment to ensuring that programs remain relevant and reflect the needs of employers. UL graduates work with some of the world’s top employers including Google, Boeing, Intel, Ernst & Young, and Dell.
- Rankings – UL holds a QS 5 star ranking and in the Top 100 Young Universities in the World by Times Higher Education. In the 2017 QS Graduate Employability ranking, UL is ranked 101-150 globally. As a result UL has the highest graduate employment rate of any university in Ireland
- Safe, modern and beautiful campus with 24 hour security, a variety of on-campus accommodation and world-class facilities
- Ranked #1 University in Europe for language support and general student support
- Largest work placement program of any university in Ireland, with a network of over 1700 employers. All Undergraduate students undertake a mandatory work placement for one semester in 3rd year.
- Voted "Ireland's Most Popular University" by international students
- Ireland's Sporting Campus
Choose to apply for an Undergraduate program by reviewing our prospectus and downloading our Undergraduate application form here
Choose to apply for a Postgraduate program online here
Check out these tips from a Chinese student at UL!
It is really impossible to tell you all my wonderful experience in UL and in Ireland.
- Xiao Yao, UL student, 2017
Meet our Chinese Students
Talk to an alumni ambassador and ask about their experience of UL.
Hello, everyone. My name is Lanxuewen Wang. I completed my Masters in Financial Services at Kemmy Business School.
Financial Services is a famous major at KBS, and I have learnt lots of new things during the last two semesters.
Time goes fast, my graduation will take place in January 2018 and then I will be back in my country. But I still hope to keep my connection with UL and try my best to help other international students who will start their new journey at UL. I know how to open a new bank account, how to get the GNIB card or a PPS number; and how to rent a house near school; I have traveled to many countries such as Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland, so I know how to apply for a Schengen visa and a Re-entry visa.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. I will be very glad to help.
Hi everyone, my name is Xiaoyu Liu and I completed my Masters in International Management and Global Business in UL.
I love UL and I would like more people to have the opportunity to love it there. I would love to answer your questions and help any future UL students. You can ask me anything about life in UL and Ireland for Chinese students, career prospects or studying Business at UL.
Want more information?Fill out our contact form!
Find out what life is like for a Chinese student at UL
- An equivalent qualification to the Irish Leaving Certificate or A levels (UK system).
- High grades in a senior high school diploma, including English, another language and mathematics.
- Particular programmes may require specific subjects.
- High grades in a four-year degree programme in a relevant discipline at a recognised third-level institution.
- Particular programmes may require an interview and/or work experience.
TOEFL – 580 (paper based) or 90 (internet based)
- IELTS – Minimum score of 6.5 with no less than 6 in any one component.
- English Test for English and Academic Purposes (ETAPP) – Grade C1
- GCE ‘O’ level English Language/GCSE English Language – Grade C or above
- University of Cambridge ESOL –Certificate of Proficiency in English - Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English - Grade A
If you do not meet these criteria, we offer language support courses here in the University of Limerick Language Centre.
Chinese applicants require a student visa to study in Ireland and are advised to contact the Embassy of Ireland in Beijing at the following address:
Embassy of Ireland, Visa Office
Ta Yuan Diplomatic Office Building 2-11-1
14 Liang Ma He Nan Lu
People's Republic of China
You may also choose to apply for your visa through an agent (see below agent list).
Take a look at our student brochures available in Chinese and English and our e-brochure ‘Study at UL’. Contact Lizzy.He@ul.ie to receive your copy by email.
Chinese Cultural Assistance
Ms. Ya Nan Wang works as the cultural assistant to the Chinese applicants at UL. Ya Nan meets with Chinese students on their arrival at UL and assists them with the transition from Chinese to Irish culture. As well as organising cultural events, she organises regular meetings with students during the academic year.
Ms Lizzy He, Beijing based Senior Program Officer, University of Limerick firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other application enquires contact our Limerick based International Office International Education Division, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland V94 T9PX
Agents in China
The University of Limerick works with the established agents listed below. Please do not hesitate to contact one of our agents near you for assistance with your application.
Room 1203, Block A, Jianwai SOHO, 39 East 3rd Ring Rd
Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Post code: 100022
Check out our Chinese websiteUL China