This is a workshop day for post-primary schools who are enacting the LCPE curriculum. PESS staff and post-graduates created workshops to address learning outcomes from the LCPE and to build relationships between the participating schools and the PESS Department. Sample of workshops include:
- Physical and psychological demands on performance to teach students about health and performance-related fitness.
- Physical and psychological demands on performance focusing on diet and nutrition
- Practical workshop in strength training and physical and psychological demands on performance
- Structures, strategies, roles and conventions to address the learning outcomes on safe practice through acrosport.
- Structures, strategies, roles and conventions focusing on the role of the coach through volleyball.
- Planning for optimum performance to examine the role of digital technology in analysing performance.
- Sprint start technique and the use of sprint blocks.