The Physical Activity for Health (PAfH) cluster aims to build an international hub of excellence in the area of physical activity (PA) and health research.
PAfH is multidisciplinary and includes: physiologists, sports and exercise scientists, physiotherapists, and health, sports and exercise psychologists.
Focus areas of the cluster include:
- Measurement, Surveillance and Determinants of PA
- Biomedicine of PA
- PA and Exercise as Medicine
- Policy Impact and Implementation of effective interventions.
Cluster Activity and Aims
The activity of the cluster will be in three key areas; 1) Research Excellence and Impact 2) Collaboration and Networking and 3) Capacity Building and Training.
We aim to:
- Enhance Research Funding
- Maximise Research Outputs
- Create a PAfH data and bio-bank
- Optimise existing collaborations with key stakeholders
- Maximise PAfH national and international networks
- Enhance PAfH training and mentoring for emerging researchers
- Enhance research student training and supervision
- Develop international hosting and exchange programmes.
Meet the Team
Dr. Bláthín Casey - Cluster Programme Manager
Dr. Tadhg MacIntyre - Cluster Member