The Physical Activity for Health (PAfH) cluster aims to build an international hub of excellence in the area of physical activity (PA) and health research.
PAfH is multidisciplinary and includes: physiologists, sports and exercise scientists, physiotherapists, and health, sports and exercise psychologists.
Focus areas of the cluster include:
- Measurement, Surveillance and Determinants of PA
- Biomedicine of PA
- PA and Exercise as Medicine
- Policy Impact and Implementation of effective interventions.
Cluster Activity and Aims
The activity of the cluster will be in three key areas; 1) Research Excellence and Impact 2) Collaboration and Networking and 3) Capacity Building and Training.
We aim to:
- Enhance Research Funding
- Maximise Research Outputs
- Create a PAfH data and bio-bank
- Optimise existing collaborations with key stakeholders
- Maximise PAfH national and international networks
- Enhance PAfH training and mentoring for emerging researchers
- Enhance research student training and supervision
- Develop international hosting and exchange programmes.
Irish Dissemination event 25/08/2022 organised by PAfH
Meet the Team
Dr Ross Higgins (Cluster Member); Mr. Ross Higgins | University of Limerick (ul.ie)
Dr. Liam Kelly - (PAfH Programme Manager); firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Justyna Lis (Assistant Programme Manager/Senior Administrator HRI Clusters); email@example.com
Dr Elaine Murtagh (Cluster Member); Dr. Elaine Murtagh | University of Limerick (ul.ie)
Dr Andrew O’Regan (Cluster Member) Dr. Andrew O'Regan | University of Limerick (ul.ie)
Social Media Links