Skip to main content

When and where do I apply for a Work Permit?

The Employment Permits Act 2003 states that a Non-EU national may not work in the State without an employment permit having been granted by the Minister for Enterprise, Trade & Employment.  The Human resources office will process and make contact with the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment in relation to all work permit applications in respect of prospective employees or renewal of work permits for existing employees of UL. 

More information on work permit requirements may be found on the Department of Enterprise and Employment website

Please note that employees cannot commence employement with the University until their Work Permit/Hosting Agreement has been issued.