Nominations for 2020
What Are the President’s Staff Excellence Awards?
The President’s Staff Excellence Awards recognise outstanding contributions by staff to the overall goals of the University and to the campus community. This includes all academic, research, and support staff.
These awards provide an opportunity to publicly acknowledge and thank staff members for their exceptional commitment and the part they play in the further development of the University of Limerick.
There are five categories open to entry in the President’s Staff Excellence Awards.
Leadership. This award recognises those who inspire, and who work with teams (large or small), to build capacity in others and enable them to achieve their potential.
Student Experience. Many of our staff make such a difference in the lives of students and this award is for those who positively influence the student experience.
Exceptional Team Member. This award recognises the work of a colleague whose contribution to the goals of the team are outstanding.
Continuous Improvement. This award recognises the work of faculty, research, or support staff who have significantly improved how things are done.
Contribution to the Campus Community. This award is a broad category that allows for the recognition of work that enhances the experience of other members of the campus community in many different ways.
The closing date for submissions is TBC.
The President will present the awards in May.
Who Are the Awards For?
The President’s Excellence Awards are for all staff. The President would like to recognise the truly fantastic work of outstanding staff across the University. This includes all academic, research, and support staff.
It is important that you nominate those colleagues who you see as making an exceptional contribution. It is up to you to highlight your colleagues’ excellent contributions.
All nominees must be employed by the University at the time of submission and at the time of the awards ceremony.
Decisions will be made with respect to matters such as contribution to the goals of the University, demonstration of excellence, service above and beyond the requirements of the job.
How Do I Nominate a Colleague?
It’s easy and only takes five minutes. You can nominate more than one person if you so wish.
All nomination letters should emphasise how the nominee has demonstrated exceptional service, over and above the expected requirements of the role. The nomination letter should be an accurate reflection of the individual’s own contribution to the achievement.
- Only an individual can be nominated. No team nominations will be accepted.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right not to make an award.
- Where a group wishes to nominate an individual, one submission should be made if possible, signed by the group members.
- Where applicable, please identify a primary and a secondary category of award you would like this person to be considered for.
- The Award Committee will consist of:
- Two members of the campus community nominated by the President
- Two members of Governing Authority nominated by the President
- Two academic nominees of the VPA&SE
- Two support staff nominees of the Director, HR
- One nominee of the VPR
- The awards will be announced by the President to the campus community.
President's Excellence AwardSubmissions Open