On campus supports
- UL Counselling Service (UL Éist) 061 202327
- UL Chaplaincy (Teach Fáilte) 061 232180 / 3635
- UL Medical Centre 062 232534
- UL First Year Support Officer 061 232613
- Emergency services (Gardai, Ambulance, Fire Service) 999 or 112
E-Resources for Positive Well-Being
Smartphone apps can be a really useful way to practice breathing, meditation, CBT and well-being exercises to help with stress and anxiety.
- Stop, Breathe and Think
- The Mindfulness App
- Virtual Hope Box
Online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
CBT can be a useful way to challenge how we think and act to help with anxiety and low mood. Online programmes offer the opportunity to learn CBT skills.
- Aware Life Skills Online www.aware.ie/education/life-skills-online-programme/
- CBT Online www.online-therapy.com/cbt
- Mood gym https://moodgym.com.au/
Self-help materials can give us coping skills to help us through times of distress.
Information and exercise sheets
- CBT self-help information and worksheets www.getselfhelp.co.uk
- Psychology Tools Self-Help www.psychologytools.com
- UL Counselling Service https://ulsites.ul.ie/studentaffairs/self-help-leaflets
- Specific self-help intervention packages
- Centre for Clinical Interventions mental health intervention packages www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/Resources/Looking-After-Yourself
- National Health Service self-help booklets https://web.ntw.nhs.uk/selfhelp/
- Futureme.org Write a letter to your future self
- Mind.org.uk Mental health support and information
- Pleasetalk.ie Ireland’s student-led mental health movement
- Reachout.com Information on issues that can affect your mental health and well-being
- Spunout.ie Ireland’s youth information website created by young people, for young people
Feeling stressed about the exams?
Check out the following site for advice on how to manage exam time stress https://spunout.ie/education/article/exam-survival
- Accident, Emergency and Out of Hours Services - University Hospital Limerick, Dooradoyle 061 301111
- St. John’s Hospital, Limerick 061 462222
- Ennis Hospital 065 682446
- Nenagh Hospital 067 31491
- Shannon Doc 1850 212 999
- Crisis Intervention Service Limerick 061 301111 Clare 065 6863208
- North Tipperary 086 8306663
Other Support Services
- ACCORD Catholic Marriage Care Service, 66 O’Connell Street, Limerick City. Tel: 061-343000. www.accord.ie/centres/limerick
- ADAPT Domestic Abuse Services, Rosbrien, Limerick. Tel: 061-412354. Email: email@example.com Website: www.adaptservices.ie/
- Al-Anon, strength and hope for families and friends of problem drinkers. Tel: 01-8732699. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.alanon.ie
- Alcoholics Anonymous Ireland. Tel: 01-8420700 Email: email@example.com Website: www.alcoholicsanonymous.ie/
- AWARE, a national support helpline for issues relating to depression and bipolar disorder. Helpline 1800 80 48 48 open seven days a week from 10am to 10pm. Website: www.aware.ie
- Bodywhys, The Eating Disorders Association of Ireland. Helpline: 1890 200 444. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bodywhys.ie/
- Clare Suicide Bereavement Support, Innovation House, Roslevan Centre, Tulla Rd, Ennis. Tel: 087-3698315/086-0565373 Website: www.claresuicidebereavementsupport.com/
- Clarecare supports services for people in Co. Clare. Tel: 065-682 8178. Email: email@example.com Website: www.clarecare.ie/
- Community Substance Misuse Team, 3rd Floor, 15 Lower Mallow Street, Limerick City. Tel: 061-317688 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.csmt.ie/
- Family Mediation Service, 3rd Floor, Riverpoint, Lower Mallow Street, Limerick: 061-214310. www.citizensinformation.ie/
- GOSHH (Gender, Orientation, Sexual Health, HIV), Redwood Place, 18 Davis Street, Limerick. Tel: 061-314354. Email: email@example.com Website: goshh.ie/
- GROW, Community Mental Health, Mid-Western Region, 33 Henry Street, Limerick. Tel: 061-318813. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.grow.ie/
- Jigsaw, mental health support service for young people age 12-25. 3rd Floor, Arthur’s Quay House, Arthur’s Quay, Limerick. Tel: 061-974510. Email: email@example.com Website: www.jigsaw.ie/
- Le Chéile, peer support for those with difficulty coping. 3 Sexton Street, Limerick City. Tel: 061-446786. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Drop in: Thursdays 10am - 1pm.
- Milford Hospice Counselling Service - Social Work Department. Tel: 061-485800 (limited service available for bereavement not linked to hospice attendance)
- National Counselling Service, Re Nua, O’Connell Avenue, Limerick. Tel: 1800 234115. For adults abused as children.
- Pieta House, Pieta Mid-West, Ardaulin, Mungret, Co. Limerick. Tel: 061-484444 Helpline: 1800 247 247 Email: email@example.com Website: www.pieta.ie. Specialist Service for people who have a history of self-harm or have suicidal ideation.
- Rape Crisis Midwest, Phoenix House, Punch's Close, Rosbrien Road, Limerick. Tel: 1800 311511. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.rapecrisis.ie/home.html. Counselling provided to female and male adult survivors of Rape, Child Sexual Abuse, Incest and Sexual Harassment
- S.O.S (Suicide or Survive) Tel: 1890 577 577 Website: www.suicideorsurvive.ie/
- Samaritans, 20 Barrington Street, Limerick. Free-phone number: 116 123 Drop-in: 9:00am - 10:00pm. E-mail: email@example.com For 24 hour confidential text support text to 087-2609090. www.samaritans.org/branches/samaritans-limerick-tipperary
- Shine, Supporting people affected by ill mental health. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.shine.ie/
- Social Service Centre, Henry Street, Limerick. Tel: 061-314111. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.lssc.ie/. Free confidential counselling service offered to individuals and families.