Education & Health Sciences:Structured PhD in School of Education
Structured PhD in School of Education
4 Years Full-Time, 5 Years Part-Time
The course aims to:
- Engage students with a range of concepts, methods, theories and knowledge for investigation in their chosen area of study
- Enable students to work iwth a range of educational problems across a variety of contexts,
- Provide students the opportunity to look critically at some aspect or issue of education which relates to their professional practice.
- Encourage the ciritcal inquiry of issues across and within professional systems.
The credit accumulation for the programme is based on the following:
- Structured Element: 66 Credits
- General Skills - Graduate School: 12 Credits
- Thesis: 270 Credits
- Total: 348 Credits
Please consult this website for a list of potential supervisors and their subject areas: http://ul.ie/eps/structured-doctorate-supervisors
Structured Phd in Education
Department of Education and Professional Studies