Education & Health Sciences:Nursing (Respiratory Care) Msc
Nursing (Respiratory Care) Msc
PLEASE NOTE THIS PROGRAMME IS ONLY OPEN FOR YEAR 2 OF THE MASTERS. To be eligib le to apply you must hold a level 9 Postgraduate Diploma (Respiratory Care) NFQ and hold a current NMBI Registration Certificate.
A key goal of this programme is to prepare practitioners for the challenges of leading and delivering specialist/ advanced level respiratory care across a variety of settings. To achieve this goal, programme content focuses on providing practitioners with the theoretical underpinnings, clinical exposure and competence for the development of knowledge and skills in areas of assessment and therapeutic interventions for persons with a respiratory condition.
On successful completion of the programme students will be able to:
- Critically explore current advanced assessment strategies used in respiratory nursing practice.
- Critically examine best practice in meeting the respiratory care needs of patients and their families.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of therapeutic interventions used in the treatment and management of respiratory conditions.
- Apply critical thinking skills and ethical decision making required for advancing practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written, verbal, and digital communication skills, at individual and collaborative levels.
- Critically examine the value of multidisciplinary collaboration in the provision of quality evidenced based respiratory care.
- Critically review current innovations and developments in leading and managing change in practice.
- Demonstrate commitment to life-long learning while fostering self-development and self-evaluation.
- Demonstrate responsibility for personal and professional development in advancing respiratory care.
- Apply critical thinking and reflective skills in promoting and advancing respiratory care practice.
- Appreciate the contribution of research in informing and advancing practice within a respiratory care setting.
For Further Information Contact:
Course Director Postgraduate Programmes
Department of Nursing & Midwifery,
University of Limerick, Limerick
Telephone: 00 353 61 234129