Masters/PhD in History
• If you enjoyed researching and writing your final year project / graduate thesis or your MA dissertation, then you might enjoy carrying out a more in-depth piece of research at MA (by research) or PhD level.
• FAHSS research students are part of a lively community; every student has his/her own research space with individual PC and desk;
• Funding is available to research students annually to take part in international conferences and carry out fieldwork/archival visits in Ireland and overseas;
• Research degrees develop a wide range of skills which are valued by employers (for example, excellent communication skills (written and oral), and critical/analytical skills);
• Our PhD and MA graduates are employed in a wide range of sectors: education, media and publishing, research and consultancy, civil and public service, business, non-governmental sector, creative arts and media, and politics and local government.
Professor Eoin Devereux,
Assistant Dean, Research, Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences,
University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland. TEL (353) – 61 – 202341.