Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 year
Award: Specialist Diploma
Qualification: NFQ Level 9 Minor Award
Faculty: Kemmy Business School Science and Engineering
Course Type: Taught Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
The course will create graduates that will be equipped to use in practical application the range of theories and concepts that form the supply chain management body of knowledge. The programme is a grounded development of the participant’s socio-technical skill as they relate to Supply Chain Management.
This course is eligible for Springboard funding, for more information Click Here.
The course will create graduates that will be equipped to use in practical application the range of theories and concepts that form the supply chain management body of knowledge. The programme is a grounded development of the participant’s socio-technical skill as they relate to Supply Chain Management. It will give an understanding how supply chain management has developed, its impact organisation and control for both the individual and the organisation, it will also address the key issues of strategy for managing and nurturing a company’s interactions with customers, clients and sales prospects and using data and technology to gain competitive advantage. Participants will develop their technical skills in simulation and modelling to increase their ability to process information and make decision based on accurate data and models. The programme will educate and train participants in specific skills in both the socio and technical domains of supply chain management and in strategic and transferable business skills.
The programme is designed for those with a responsibility for/or actively engaged in supply chain activities through the use or intended use of quantitative data tools and methodologies or from the customer facing aspect of the organisation. The programme is suited to a variety of industry sectors both in manufacturing and services. There is an expectation that participants will be in a position to experiment with the software tool that are part of each module in their own organisation.
Delivery is on-line learning together with a number of webinars. In addition, there are on-line discussions moderated by a subject matter expert on elements of each module to reinforce the learning and maximise the benefit of the programme for participants.
Content built on best practice research and industry application.
- On-line interactive and non-interactive content
- Moderated e-discussion boards
- On-line & email-tutor support
- Peer supported study groups (on-line and off-line)
- Work based project- industrial mentor and academic supervisor
- Professionally designed learning material
This programme contains five taught modules spread over two semesters. The content is online with regular tutor and class interactions.
|Semester One (Spring)||Semester Two (Autumn)|
|Frameworks for Supply Chain Management||Marketing Technology Products|
|Strategic Business||Simulation Modelling in Supply Chains|
|Mathematical/Analytical Modelling in Supply Chains|
A student that starts the programme in Spring who successfully completes all elements of the programme, will graduate at the University of Limerick in the Summer Conferring Ceremonies of the following year. On completion of this programme students will be exempt from Year 1 of the Masters in Supply Chain Operations and are invited to join Year 2 and thus complete the Masters in 1 year.
Applicants require a 2.1 degree in any discipline or equivalent and at least five years relevant work experience in a supply chain function.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- Digital quality head and shoulders photograph.
- A copy of your most recent CV, (for Springboard+ applicants, please note that by providing this document you are agreeing that we may send it to members of industry if you require assistance when searching for an Industry Learning Placement (ILE) or project work. Applies to some courses only).
- Proof of status depending on what you filled on the website (Springboard+ only) Click Here.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
• If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
The programme fees are €5,250, payable in 2 equal instalments (€2,625 *2). All course materials are contained within the programme.