Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Qualification: NFQ Level 7 Minor Award
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
The Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) programme provides students with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company's global operations.
Power Up Your Management Potential
Based on the globally recognised body of knowledge in production and inventory management offered by APICS, this one-year certificate programme offers professionals the opportunity to develop a greater understanding of supply chain processes and the ability to evaluate inventory activities within an organisation’s global operations.
Participants learn to:
- Leverage expanded functional knowledge of production and inventory management to maximise ROI on organisational systems and technology
- Master the tools needed to effectively manage global supply chain activities
- Apply the principles of ERP software to various critical functions within organisations
- Earn customer satisfaction by delivering Lean/Just-in-Time products and services
- Create consistency and foster collaboration using best practices, common terminology and corporate-wide communication
How it works
- Comprised of six taught modules, this programme covers the topics of demand and procurement management; supplier, materials, capacity, sales and operations planning; master scheduling; performance measurements; supplier relationships; quality control; continuous improvement and supply chain business excellence models.
Guidance and support is provided by MDU for the duration of the programme.
This course requires attendance at the University of Limerick for one day every three weeks from September to April
|Autumn Semester||Spring Semester|
|Introduction to Models & Frameworks for SCM||Supply Operations Management|
|Forecasting and Scheduling||Strategic Management|
|Supply & Demand Planning||Industry Learning Project|
|Case Study||Skills Portfolio|
For professionals who:
- Have a minimum of two years of organisational experience and aspire to or currently hold their first supervisory or managerial position in supply chain or inventory management
- Want to develop a range of practical skills and a deeper understanding of effective supply chain management
Seek a third-level qualification in management