The Faculty of Science & Engineering is the largest faculty in UL incorprates the following Departments and Schools:
- Department of Chemical Sciences
- Department of Physics
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Electronic & Computer Engineering
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Department of Computer Science & Information Systems
- School of Engineering
- School of Design
The faculty’s departments currently deliver taught and research postgraduate programmes to over 780 registered postgraduates, of which over 330 are pursuing doctorate programmes. The primary focus is on increasing the quality and quantity of postgraduate students and research outputs, including PhDs and publications.
The main research objective of the faculty is to provide a research-driven environment that will undertake both fundamental and applied research. Promoting the publication of results, attracting national and international researchers, and developing further collaborative links with industry are also key priorities.