The Faculty of Science & Engineering is the largest faculty in UL, comprised of the following ten departments:
- Chemical & Environmental Sciences
- Civil Engineering & Materials Science
- Computer Science & Information Systems
- Electronic & Computer Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Design & Manufacturing Technology
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Mechanical, Aeronautical & Biomedical Engineering
- Physics & Energy
The faculty’s departments currently deliver taught and research postgraduate programmes to over 780 registered postgraduates, of which over 330 are pursuing doctorate programmes. The primary focus is on increasing the quality and quantity of postgraduate students and research outputs, including PhDs and publications.
The main research objective of the faculty is to provide a research-driven environment that will undertake both fundamental and applied research. Promoting the publication of results, attracting national and international researchers, and developing further collaborative links with industry are also key priorities.