Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Faculty: Education and Health Sciences
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
QQI Maths for STEM Level 5 Special Purpose Award (5S2246)
This programme is offered by the Further Education and Training Division of Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board in partnership with the University of Limerick (UL). It is designed for learners who wish to improve their mathematical competency, in preparation for potential progression to either full-time or part-time programmes in the Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines in higher education.
This part-time course will run from September 2020 to May 2021. Classes will be delivered in UL on Wednesday evenings (6.00pm—8.00pm) and Saturday mornings (9.30am—1.00pm).
Click here to APPLY
Further information and application forms are available from:
Mature Student Office, University of Limerick
- Mature-age applicants must be aged 22 years or older by 1st January 2020.
- Non-mature age applicants must be aged 16+ by 1st January 2020, have left full-time education and meet the minimum entry mathematics requirement set out below.
- Minimum entry mathematics requirement: Distinction in a QQI / FETAC maths award at Level 4 or a Pass in Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate Mathematics. Equivalent qualifications and/or other mathematical experience may be recognised for mature-age applicants only.
- Good IT skills and good English language skills.
- International Protection applicants are required to provide a copy of their labour market permission letter from the Department of Justice and Equality in order to be considered an eligible applicant for this programme.
Short-listing for places may apply, depending on the total number of applications received. Where demand is high, priority for places on the programme will go to mature-age applicants.
The course fee is €300. A reduced fee of €100 may apply to qualifying participants.