Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Faculty: Education and Health Sciences
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
QQI Maths for STEM Level 5 Special Purpose Award (5S2246)
This programme is offered by the Further Education and Training Division of Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board in partnership with the University of Limerick (UL). It is designed for learners who wish to improve their mathematical competency, in preparation for potential progression to either full-time or part-time programmes in the Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines in higher education.
This part-time course will run from September 2020 to May 2021. Classes will be delivered in UL on Wednesday evenings (6.00pm—8.00pm) and Saturday mornings (9.30am—1.00pm).
Click here to APPLY
Further information and application forms are available from:
Mature Student Office, University of Limerick
- Mature-age applicants must be aged 22 years or older by 1st January 2020.
- Non-mature age applicants must be aged 16+ by 1st January 2020, have left full-time education and meet the minimum entry mathematics requirement set out below.
- Minimum entry mathematics requirement: Distinction in a QQI / FETAC maths award at Level 4 or a Pass in Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate Mathematics. Equivalent qualifications and/or other mathematical experience may be recognised for mature-age applicants only.
- Good IT skills and good English language skills.
- International Protection applicants are required to provide a copy of their labour market permission letter from the Department of Justice and Equality in order to be considered an eligible applicant for this programme.
Short-listing for places may apply, depending on the total number of applications received. Where demand is high, priority for places on the programme will go to mature-age applicants.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here