Available: Part- Time
Award: Professional Diploma
Qualification: NFQ Level 9 Minor Award
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 30, 2021
The Professional Diploma in Marketing Management is a skills-based programme designed for those who wish to deepen their understanding of fundamental marketing competencies and learn advanced techniques, while building upon skills and knowledge in the area of management.
The primary differential of this Professional Diploma in comparison to other Marketing Management offerings is the flexible and blended learning delivery methods. These methods facilitate a greater level of access to the programme for potential participants who have strong work or life commitments. This blended learning format consists of interactive workshops and self-directed study to empower learners by developing their individual strengths, expanding their practical skills and offering the latest best-practice techniques.
In addition, modular assignments will ask students to partake in experiential learning by conducting market research and creating strategic marketing and sales management plans. Provision of such experiential learning to students can greatly enhance their chances of success in securing employment.
The Specialist Diploma in Marketing Management offers a robust combination of practical marketing skills while developing the student's managerial capabilities, facilitating successful career outcomes for students. Students are taught about the ever-increasing role of understanding consumers through segmentation, targeting, positioning and relationship marketing.
This programme facilitates exploration into approaches to relationship management, including CRM. Students will develop strong marketing skills through an approach to marketing viewed as interaction, relationships and networks.
In addition to this and in line with the other offerings of the course parent the Management Development Unit (MDU), students will be guided through the fundamentals of managerial practice with specific relation to marketing practice.
MK5132: Marketing Research & Intelligence
MK5142: Consumer Behaviour
MK5152: Marketing Principles
MK5131: Marketing Communications in a Digital Age
MK5141: Marketing Management (Project)
MK5151: Understanding Market Relationship
Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions the programme will be delivered 100% on-line in the coming Academic Year.
Specifically targeted at participants with an honours level degree at a 2.2 standard and normally 3 to 5 years of experience in business management and related industries.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
• If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
The following benefits are key to help students learn new enterprise-relevant skills and to progress to sustainable employment.
- Skills-based learning, allowing graduates to immediately express and apply their knowledge to industry.
- Develops knowledge and skills to competently deal with challenges within the business environment.
- Expose graduates to realistic business problems and develop their approach to problem solving.
- Enables industry based learning with guest lectures and company-based projects.
- Focus groups and workshops allowing students to build relationships among their peers and learn from other students with varying backgrounds, leading to an increased awareness and appreciation for the many industry types for which this programme has been produced.
- Blended learning offers students the opportunity to learn while meeting work and personal commitments.