Course Code: SDQMLHTDBD
Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Award: Professional Diploma
Qualification: NFQ Level 9 Minor Award
Faculty: Science and Engineering
Course Type: Taught Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 10, 2021
The application deadline for these programmes has been extended to the January 10th 2021 to accommodate demand. Please note programmes may close in advance of deadline.
The application of Lean Thinking has the potential to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the system for all parties involved — healthcare professionals, patients, clients and service providers, by reducing costs and getting the best from resource use.
This Professional Diploma will enable participants to put Lean thinking into practice in the Healthcare system.
This specialist diploma will allow individuals to identify, and develop the skills necessary to plan, implement, monitor and control Lean activities at both operational and strategic levels in a healthcare provision setting. Familiarise themselves with business process improvement methods and implementation tools of Lean in a healthcare provision context and present a professional Lean plan to peers with the potential to eliminate waste and/or add value to a process within their chosen project organisation or field.
AU5041 Lean Thinking / Lean Tools 1 (6 ECTS)
AU5033 Leadership, Change and Innovation Management (6 ECTS)
AU5042 Lean Thinking / Lean Tools 2 (6 ECTS)
AU5082 Lean Health Project (12 ECTS)
This programme has secured Government funding through the July Stimulus Postgraduate Skills package. Eligible applicants can avail of 90-100% funding. Please click here for eligibility criteria
What to include with your application
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
- English language qualifications (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your most recent CV
- A copy of your passport or birth certificate (long version)
- Proof of status - Please click here for more information
Academic Entry Requirements
Applicants must normally have a Level 8 qualificatio (QQI NFQ or other internationally recognised equivalent) in a relevant or appropriate subject, or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement.
Applicants must also satisfy the English Language Requirements* of the University.
The University reserves the right to shortlist and interview applicants as deemed necessary.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years appropriate experience in a continuous improvement setting and be in a position to affect organisational change. Applicants should ideally be in a front line management role within their organisation.
- Those applicants not yet in a front line management role but with 3 or more years experience will also be considered.