Course Code: MAIEMATFAD
Available: Full- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Taught
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
This programme develops entrepreneurial creativity, awareness and specialist knowledge to help establish, manage and grow innovative new ventures across a variety of industry settings, incorporating a range of in-company projects to give a ‘real world’ experience. Participants explore their own entrepreneurial potential and prepare an investor-ready business plan.
The focus of the course is around developing students’ entrepreneurial behaviour and generating business opportunities. This one-year full-time Masters programme provides students with the specialist knowledge and a practical understanding of the key tasks required to establish, manage and grow a new venture in a challenging international business environment whist building the students network of professional contacts in the area of small business. The programme is designed for graduates who wish to start an entrepreneurial venture; those who wish to work in small and medium firms or as trainers and consultants with small and medium enterprises.
Benefits of participating on the programme
• A central differentiating feature of this Masters is the experiential and real time nature of the learning on the programme where you immerse yourself in an entrepreneurial journey of starting and growing a new venture with international potential and complete a two year investor ready Strategic Commercialisation plan. It develops competencies in opportunity recognition, market validation, resource leveraging, financial management and business planning.
• You will learn with and from entrepreneurs through the completion of in-company projects in Marketing and Sales, Frim Internationalisation and Management Consulting. This action learning provides a transformational personal and business related learning experience and enhances self - confidence, creativity, critical thinking, teamwork, reflection, communication and presentation skills.
• The programme invites entrepreneurs, government agency, financial institution and venture capital representatives to share their experiences on different aspects of starting and growing a business internationally and provide an enhanced targeted network of contacts for future personal and business development opportunities.
• You will participate in a mentoring programme through the Irish Exporters Association’s Asia Trade Forum Programme and will have the opportunity to work with a member company to develop an international market entry strategy into an Asian market.
- To develop techniques for creativity, opportunity sensing and evaluation of business opportunities
- To develop the capacity to be dynamic, creative entrepreneurs who are capable of transforming a business concept into a viable business proposition to generate employment
- To understand and engage in the role and tasks assumed by the owner-manager in developing the functional capabilities of their firm for international growth and expansion
- To develop useful skills and perspectives such as creative problem solving, diagnostic skills, communication and project management skills, people management skills that are needed to grow a small business internationally
This programme is a one-year full time programme (12months). Students have the option to exit with a Graduate Diploma in International Entrepreneurship Management on completion of Semesters 1 and 2.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Summer Semester|
Electives - Choose 1:
| Mandatory Module:
Electives - Choose 1:
Content of modules can be found by using the search option on the book of modules.
There is a focus on action and experiential learning including interactive presentations, industry specific case studies, team work, individual assignments and entrepreneurship and small business-related projects which stimulate innovative thinking and more effectively develop the student’s entrepreneurial potential. In addition, external speakers from the small firm world, government agencies, professional organisations and financial institutions will challenge participants thinking and provide an enhanced network of contacts for future personal and business development opportunities. The opportunity to work with and solve business problems for small and medium firms will further equip students with the best practices in small firm formation and growth and thus better prepare them to engage in entrepreneurial activity either personally or in an established business context.
The completion of a research paper allows the student to deepen their knowledge and expertise in a chosen subject of interest or alternatively, completion of the Strategic Commercialisation Project provides students with the opportunity to transition a business idea and evaluate its commercialization options by developing a two year strategic growth plan.
The entry requirement is a 2.2 honours degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland). However, applicants who have a 3rd class honours degree with substantial small business related experience as entrepreneurs or as an employee in a small or medium sized firm may be considered in accordance with the University's policy on the recognition of prior learning. These candidates will be required to submit a written portfolio of business learning outcomes with accompanying testimonials. An interview may form part of the selection process for all candidates.
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
International Entrepreneurship Management
Course Director Briga Hynes
Graduates will have developed the specialist knowledge and a practical understanding of the key tasks required to establish, manage and grow a new venture in a challenging international business environment and thus prepare students for careers as entrepreneurs, policy makers in support services or in entrepreneurial management in different types of organisations.
I consider this to be one of the best decisions that I have made with regard to my Career as an individual and as an owner manager. This is an excellent programme with a good mix of academia, practical work and self-awareness. I would highly recommend this programme.
Theresa Mulvihill, TAMM Marketing
The programme also acts as a great networking experience, as students will engage with a large number of people which will serve as useful contacts into the future. The Masters has equipped me with the practical skills to take my business further and has opened my eyes towards other business opportunities particularly in International markets.
Craig Dee, First Class Events
Coming from a scientific and technical background, I have gained a new business viewpoint that I feel I did not have before in areas such as business planning, marketing, strategy, leadership, and finance in the context of small to medium enterprises and from an international business outlook. The wisdom shared by the many guest entrepreneurs is inspiring.