Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Next Intake: Autumn 2023
This microcredential enables non-technical working professionals to be aware of and understand the scope of emerging technologies in industries and businesses. It will provide a comprehensive overview of the digitally enabled and transformed environment and how industries can use technology to their advantage, equipping you with skills to explore enabling technologies and realise their potential risks. This short course will enable you to demonstrate an understanding of emerging technologies and how they contribute to digital transformation in the industry.
Please ensure you enter the Module Code below when applying for this module. Applications without this cannot be processed.
|Module Description||Module Code||NFQ Level||ECTS Credits||Start Date||Fees|
|Tech for Non-Tech||EE6211||9||6||Sept. 2023||€750|
This micro-credential represents a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking this micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award. The programmes associated with this MicroCred are:
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Computing: Information system(s) implemented with a collection of interconnected components.
- Understanding different cloud models, architectures, and services in Cloud Computing.
- The role of Internet of things (IoT) and Sensing Technologies in Industry 4.0.
- The relationship between Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data.
- Meeting the futuristic demands using autonomous technologies and AR/VR.
- Human Machine Interface in Smart Manufacturing.
Cybersecurity in emerging technologies.
- Demystifying the role of distributed ledger technology/blockchain in Industrial IoT.
On successful completion of this microcred, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use and fundamental concepts behind core cutting ICT technologies.
- Describe and assess the impact of new technologies and processes in a given environment.
- Communicate technological problems, ideas and findings to other technically qualified personnel.
- Discuss and evaluate current ICT Technologies in a meaningful way.
Assessment: There is no terminal exam. You will be assessed through continuous skill-based assignments.
Successful completion of this module does not automatically qualify you for entry into a further award. All programme applicants must meet the entry requirements listed if applying for a further award.