Available: Part- Time
Duration: 2 years
Qualification: NFQ Level 8
Faculty: Science and Engineering
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
The Supply Chain Management Institute (IPICS) in partnership with the University of Limerick have developed a Level 8 qualification for a Supply Chain Specialist - the Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Supply Chain Management. This programme is run in conjunction with our industry partners.
This Level 8 Bachelors of Science in Supply Chain Management will provide graduates with a Green Belt level in the skills and knowledge of project management and to deploy lean/sigma project methodology to pursue process improvements. It will also afford graduates to be subject matter experts with the skills and know how to take responsibility for forecasting and planning, purchasing, procurement, logistics, operations, inventory management, customer service, transport, distribution and warehousing
There is a strong focus on skills development and in the implementation of designing, planning, executing, controlling and supervising supply chain activities.
Download our brochure here.
Developed by industry for industry, this is a work based education programme which supports the development of the supply chain knowledge base amongst practitioners in organisations. It combines learning in the workplace with blended learning through the University of Limerick.
This programme will provide learners and hosting organisations with the advanced understanding and best-practice frameworks and techniques needed to manage effective supply chain operations. The programme will educate participants in the principles and practical application of SCOR framework concepts, enabling participants and supporting organisations to gain a competitive advantage and develop the ability to drive improvement in supply chain operations with measurable results.
How it Works
The modules in this two-year apprenticeship programme are structured for blended delivery, which minimises the time that participants are ‘off the job’.
A central, interactive platform hosts the complete syllabus, and students can access course materials anytime and anywhere. Only one module will run at any one time, and each taught module will run for a period of five weeks. This gives the students the benefit of focusing their time and thinking exclusively on one area of supply chain management at each stage.
- Virtual classrooms and online tutorials from subject matter experts
- Collaborative group work in virtual teams
- On campus lectures 1 day every 3 weeks during the Autumn and Spring semesters, i.e. 6 days a semester
- Summer school during the first year at the University of Limerick
- Two in-company, self-directed projects
- Additional Industry based seminars and company visits to explore supply chain in practice in Irish and International enterprises.
- Participation in a ‘Community of Practice’/ this will allow participants to interact and engage in peer-to-peer learning activities around the academic content.
- Support from an Industry Mentor within the company throughout the apprenticeship
For professionals who:
- Currently hold or aspire to mid-level managerial roles in supply chain or inventory operations.
- Wish to acquire new and best-practice methods for efficient supply chain operations.
- Evaluate performance of supply chain activities and identify opportunities of improvement and integration.
- Respond to rapid changes in demand and capacity by adjusting and optimising supply chain activities.
- Seek recognition as a supply chain specialist.
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Advanced Models and Frameworks for Supply Chain Management||Management of Change|
|Plan with Supply Chains||Integrating Product Development into Production|
|Make within Supply Chains||Simulation Modelling and Analysis|
|Organisational Behaviour||Supply Chain and Customer Relationship Management|
|Source within Supply Chains||Strategic Management|
|Deliver and Return within Supply Chains||Supply Chain Risk Assessment and Forecasting|
|Business Intelligence and Decision Making||Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Statistics||Information Systems and Decision Support|
|Lean Sigma Improvement Methodologies||Supply Chain Project|
|Supply Chain Dynamics Game|
|Community of Practice|
Alongside your modules you will be participating in the Community of Practice (CoP). This an integral part of your programme and includes:
Employers must be approved by SOLAS and commit to support the apprentice throughout the programme.
Programme participants should hold an NFQ Level 7 at mimimum in relevant area. Applicants who have completed a Level 7 qualification in a related field are also eligible to apply.
Applicants with a lower qualification may also be considered provided they can prove to have industrial experience as well as evidence of the ability to study at Degree level.
Company Registration Process: No Charge
Online Student Application Fee: €35 (€40 if paying by cheque or postal order)
Annual Student Contribution Fee: 30% of UL student contribution fee is payable. For 2019/2020 this will be €900*
*It should be noted that these fees are subject to change depending on the programme of study and external funders requirements
For further information and how to apply email email@example.com.