The purpose of the Committee is to oversee the successful implementation and development of the EHS research priorities and emergent areas, to encourage the development of a research ecosystem to support the work of all researchers, encourage mentoring of early researcher careers, support the development of the Doctoral education portfolio and processes, as well as support ethical processes and research integrity.
The committee is chaired by the Assistant Dean for Research, and membership includes representation from all Departments in the Faculty, including research theme champions, champions of research integrity, doctoral training, early career researchers, and post graduate research students. The committee works to implement the University and Faculty strategic plans, and oversees distribution of seed funding, allocation of fee waivers, and various research support mechanisms.
- Committee Chair: Assistant Dean Research - Dr Rachel Msetfi (Psychology)
- Ethics and Research Integrity: Dr Barry Coughlan (Psychology)
- Doctoral Training: Professor Catriona Kennedy (Nursing and Midwifery)
- Director of the Health Research Institute: Professor Austin Stack (Graduate Entry Medical School / Health Research Institute)
- Champion - Influencers of Societal Participation: Professor Orla Muldoon (Psychology)
- Champion - Optimising Healthcare Provision and Interventions: Dr Susan Coote (Clinical Therapies)
- Champion - Physical Activity, Human Performance and Wellbeing: Dr Drew Harrison (Physical Education and Sports Sciences)
- Champion - Professional Practice and Education: Professor Sibel Erduran (Education and Professional Studies)
- Champion - Early Career Researchers: Dr Tadhg Macintyre (Physical Education and Sports Sciences)
- Representative - Professor John Forbes (Graduate Entry Medical School)
- Post Graduate Researcher - Brian Devitt (EHS SPhD programme)