This is a call for applications from EHS PG-Research candidates on the Traditional route model who would be interested in becoming a serving member of the EHS Research Committee.
The EHS Research Committee provides an opportunity for EHS colleagues to support the work of all EHS faculty, researchers and postgraduate candidates as informed by relevant UL and EHS Faculty strategies. Research-related initiatives that the Committee have played an active role in over the most recent years includes the launch of the inaugural EHS 2020/21 Research Contribution Awards, establishing the terms of reference for the EHS Seed Funding Call 2021-2, overseeing the EHS Research Strategy discussion webinars, processing the EHS Seed funding calls, updating the Committee Terms of Reference, considering and supporting EHS-led Research Centre applications. The Terms of Reference for the EHS Research Committee can be accessed here and allow sufficient flexibility for the Committee, in partnership with EHS colleagues, to respond to, and advocate for, how best to support the research-related activities of EHS colleagues.
There are two parts to the call:
Part 1: Replacement of members who have completed their term
There is no longer any opportunities under this part;
- Immediate replacement of an advanced career colleague (Assistant Professor / Professor) who would serve a three-year term
- Immediate replacement of research staff / postdoctoral researcher who would serve a 12 to18-month term
- Replacement from January 2022 of a mid-career colleague (usually Lecturer / Senior Lecturer) who would serve a three-year term
- Replacement from March 2022 of a Technical Officer who would serve a three-year term
- Replacement from March 2022 of an early-career colleague (usually Lbb / Lecturer) who would serve a three-year term
Part 2: Recruitment of new member positions
- There is currently one opportunity for a PhD researcher on the traditional model PhD to serve an 18-month term