Intro to Higher Education Workshops
These interactive workshops are aimed at new tutors and focus on some key areas related to teaching in Higher Education. They will provide a set of ideas and methods to help prepare you for your new role in relation to developing your approach to teaching and learning, the components of class planning, engaging students and importance of assessment and feedback.
National Forum Seminars
The aim of the National Seminar Series is to provide all working in higher education with opportunities to connect with colleagues and to focus on shared interests in both the research and practice of teaching and learning enhancement. The series also creates opportunities to hear from national and international experts in different areas of teaching and learning. The seminars are funded through a competitive application process to ensure that they meet the needs of higher education, are of interest to the host and other institutions and that they encourage debate on the themes.
The National Seminar Series gives those working in higher education the opportunity to connect with colleagues and to focus on shared interests in both the research and practice of teaching and learning enhancement. The series also creates opportunities to hear from national and international experts in different areas of teaching and learning. There are eight seminars funded to run in the UL and the full list of funded seminars can be viewed here.
Seminar Recordings here
A series of workshops and events are offered by the CTL as frequently advertised but can be also requested on-demand by specific groups or departments. These include:
- Learning Technology Forum CPD Series
- ‘Getting started with online teaching’ online course (digital badge awarded by the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning) is a 6-week course intended to immerse participants in a full experience of online learning and guide them through the design of a module for online delivery.
- ABC Learning Design is a hands-on curriculum development workshop, currently delivered remotely. These sessions are kindly facilitated in collaboration with colleagues in CTL and Learning Technologists in the Faculties.
- Accredited modules around digital education
- One to one consultations and TEL observations