Personal and professional digital capacity is one of the main five domains of the National Professional Development Framework (PDF) for all staff who teach in higher education, and is recognised as a priority in Broadening Horizons – UL Strategic Plan 2015-2019 (Aim 1.1.5). The Centre for Teaching and Learning contributes to this aim through a range of continuous professional development activities aimed to facilitate diverse types of learning around TEL, including:
- TL5101: BLENDED LEARNING (3 credits, blended delivery)
- TL5112: TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED LEARNING - THEORY AND PRACTICE (6 credits, face-to-face delivery)
- TL5121: MODERATION IN ONLINE ENVIRONMENTS (3 credits, online delivery) – CPE/Graduate Studies short courses
- Getting started with online teaching National Forum digital badge
- Introduction to Blended learning workshops
- Blended learning online course, which gathers participation from the academic community in order to record and disseminate cases of excellent teaching and assessment practice around TEL.
- Plagiarism prevention and feedback provision with Turnitin
- Pedagogical design in Sulis
- One to one consultations
- Peer networking
- TEL peer observations
Successful completion of accredited CPD can be accounted towards credits in the Graduate Diploma in Teaching, Learning and Scholarship. Participation in structured non-accredited CPD is relayed to HR for inclusion in the employee record in Core Portal (My Profile>Learning & Development>Training Details)
Delivery of these activities is advertised through campus for open participation in a frequent basis, but can be also requested on demand by specific groups or departments.
 Login to Sulis with your UL username and password. When prompted to join the site, click Yes. Please then see the Online Professional Development tab.