Creative Media and Interaction Design Common Entry
NFQ Level 8 major Award Honours Bachelor Degree
This course may suit you if:
- You are interested in the digital audio and video art industry
- You are keen to know how digital technologies are used and how they can make a difference in people’s lives;
- You would like to combine highly technological skills with an artistic and creative endeavour
- You are interested in developing creative ideas into new interactive products;
- You enjoy learning about the latest advances that inform the digital arts domain
- You are interested in gaining technical expertise in digital media development, but want to integrate technical knowledge with social and design understanding
Why study Creative Media and Interaction Design at UL?
This programme allows you to take a variety of subjects centred on a human approach to computing technologies before deciding to choose a specific course. This route is designed to provide you with a gateway to better choice if you’re unsure which area you’d like to study. LM122 Creative Media and Interaction Design is a gateway from Semester 2 (Year 1) to a degree in either:
At UL, you get to try before you decide.
The BSc in Music, Media & Performance Technology develops the technical and creative skills required to be successful media practitioners in both the music, video and media industries. The aim of the programme is to equip students with the ability to make a significant contribution to the continuing development and growth of the media arts, media industries and more broadly across other sectors that use digital media technologies for creative applications.
The B.Sc. in Digital Media Design develops the technical, creative and analytical skills needed to be successful media practitioners in both the Irish and global digital media industries. The design of digital media for human use is a crucial skill in contemporary society: How to design the content and interaction for websites? How to improve the usability and usefulness of portable devices? How to design a new killer app for smartphones? How to create new ways to engage and connect people through the use of interactive technologies?