The latest UL Careers Fair was on Thursday, 29th September 2022, as an in-person event in the UL Sports Arena.
The next UL Careers Fair will be in Spring, with dates & details yet to be confirmed.
For more details on what employers exhibited at the Autumn Fair, please visit the Careers Fair WebApp.
How the Careers Service can help you write a winning CV
We have three ways to help you get feedback and support with your CV:
Do a free online practice video interview with Shortlist.Me
- Shortlist.Me is an interview preparation platform that helps you practice various careers and recruiter video interviews. In a competitive job market, feeling comfortable in interviews is critical. This takes practice and experience – the more you interview, the more you learn about yourself and what is expected at an interview.
- Shortlist.Me interview practice is available 24/7 from any location. You can access the platform directly and complete practice interviews independently at a time that best suits you.
- Our helpful UL Interview Skills Booklet cover a range of topics from interview preparation, types of interview, tricky questions to Top Tips for interviews.
- Check out our YouTube channel, subscribe and watch recordings of workshops with Careers Advisors discussing best practice for interviews.
- You can get help with preparing for interviews through our online Career Consultation appointments. Log into CareersConnect, click on 'Book', then 'Appointments' and use our Appointment Finder tool to book the correct appointment type for
On the day
- Make a note of the names of any contacts you make on the day.
- Think about your strengths and skills and be able to tell an employer what you have to offer.
- Think about what questions you want to ask them: What vacancies do they have? What are their requirements? What training opportunities do they provide?
- Be sure to make contact with the less well-known organisations also as they often have very challenging opportunities to offer.
We run Career Fairs throughout the year. Check back here for updates, or CareersConnect.