Tony's research interests include aspects of employment regulation and work equalities: employee voice; worker silence; trade union organisation; gig-economy work; technology and digital work platforms; HRM & organisational performance; labour migration.
- 2017 - Literati Paper Award (with M Heffernan)
- 2016 - Best Conference Thematic Paper (with B Harney)
- 2016 - Teresa Brannick Award (with B Harney)
- 2010 - President's Award for Teaching and Learning Excellence
- 2006 - Literati Paper Award (with M. Marchington, A. Wilkinson, P. Ackers)
- 2006 - Best Conference Paper
- 1998 - Research Excellence Literati Award (with D Eva)
- 2013 Irish Government Apprenticeship Commission , Member of Government Commission (Republic of Ireland) to review and revise occupations and skills for apprenticeship training and qualifications
- 2004 Irish Academy of Management (IAM) ,
- 2003 Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA),
- 2003 Irish Association for Industrial Relations ,
- 2013 Fellow, Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS)
- 2003 Member, Irish Association for Industrial Relations
- 2001 Member, Irish Academy of Management (IAM)
- 2000 Member, British Academy of Management (BAM)
- 1999 Member, Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA)
- 1997 Member, British Universities Industrial Relations Association (BUIRA)
- 1997 Fellow, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Honorary Visiting Professor: University of St Andrews Management School, Scotland
- Visiting Research Fellow: Queensland University of Technology Business School, Australia (March-April 2016)
- Visiting Research Fellow: Centre for Work Organisation and Wellbeing, Griffith University Business School, Australia (Jan-Feb 2016)
- Visiting Research Scholar: Toulouse Business School, France (April June 2010)
- International Visiting Research Fellow: University of Sydney, Australia (Dec 2008 - April 2009)
- Visiting Research Fellow: Bowater School of Management, Deakin University, Melbourne (Jan 2005-April 2006)
- Visiting Professor: Work & Equalities Institute (WEI), Alliance Manchester Business School, UK
Handbook of Research on Employee Voice
Wilkinson, A., Donaghey, J., Dundon, T. & Freeman, RB
Case Studies in Work, Employment and Human Resource Management
Dundon, T and Wilkinson, A
Elgar Introduction to Theories of Human Resources and Employment Relations
Keith Townsend, Kenneth Cafferkey, Aoife M. McDermott & Tony Dundon (Eds)
Routledge Companion of Employment Relations
Adrian Wilkinson, Tony Dundon, Jimmy Donaghey & Alex Covin (Eds)
A Very Short, Fairly Interesting and Reasonably Cheap Book about Employment Relations
Tony Dundon, Niall Cullinane & Adrian Wilkinson
Contemporary Human Resource Management: Text and Cases
A. Wilkinson, T. Redman, T Dundon
Understanding Employment Relations
Tony Dundon & Derek Rollinson
Precarious conditions in university sector put all of society at risk
Tumulty, P., Dundon, T., Ryan, L. and Dobbins, T.
Peer Reviewed Journal
Tracking employee voice: developing the concept of voice pathways
Townsend K.;Wilkinson A.;Dundon T.;Mowbray P.K.
Asia Pacific Journal Of Human Resources DOI: 10.1111/1744-7941.12271
Employer silencing in a context of voice regulations: Case studies of non-compliance
Hickland E, Cullinane N, Dobbins T, Dundon T, Donaghey J
Human Resource Management Journal DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/1748-8583.1228516
Different strokes for different folks: Group variation in employee outcomes to human resource management
Cafferkey K.;Dundon T.;Winterton J.;Townsend K.
Journal Of Organizational Effectiveness DOI: 10.1108/JOEPP-12-2018-0114
Perceptions of HRM system strength and affective commitment: the role of human relations and internal process climate
Cafferkey K.;Heffernan M.;Harney B.;Dundon T.;Townsend K.
International Journal Of Human Resource Management DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2018.1448295
Forming Effective Employee Information and Consultation: A Five-Stage Trust and Justice Process
Kougiannou N.;Dundon T.;Wilkinson A.
British Journal Of Management DOI: 10.1111/1467-8551.12382
Towards an integration of employee voice and silence
Nechanska E.;Hughes E.;Dundon T.
Human Resource Management Review DOI: 10.1016/j.hrmr.2018.11.002
Whistle-blowing and the employment relations implications of the Protected Disclosures Act 2014' in the Republic of Ireland
Lisa Halpin & Tony Dundon
Irish Journal Of Management DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/ijm-2017-0009
Triggering employee voice under the European Information and Consultation Directive: A non-union case study
Cullinane N.;Hickland E.;Dundon T.;Dobbins T.;Donaghey J.
Economic And Industrial Democracy DOI: 10.1177/0143831X15584085
The Chimera of Sustainable Labour–Management Partnership
Dobbins T.;Dundon T.
British Journal Of Management DOI: 10.1111/1467-8551.12128
Cross-level effects of high-performance work systems (HPWS) and employee well-being: The mediating effect of organisational justice
Heffernan M.;Dundon T.
Human Resource Management Journal DOI: 10.1111/1748-8583.12095
The shifting contours of collective bargaining in the manufacturing sector in the Republic of Ireland: Government, employer and union responses since the economic crisis
Hickland E.;Dundon T.
European Journal Of Industrial Relations DOI: 10.1177/0959680116643208
Double-breasting employee voice: An assessment of motives, arrangements and durability
Dundon T.;Cullinane N.;Donaghey J.;Dobbins T.;Wilkinson A.;Hickland E.
Human Relations DOI: 10.1177/0018726714531997
Militant partnership: a radical pluralist analysis of workforce dialectics
Dundon T.;Dobbins T.
Work Employment And Society DOI: 10.1177/0950017014559961
Employer occupation of regulatory space of the Employee Information and Consultation (I&C) Directive in liberal market economies
Dundon T.;Dobbins T.;Cullinane N.;Hickland E.;Donaghey J.
Work Employment And Society DOI: 10.1177/0950017012466688
Unitarism and employer resistance to trade unionism
Cullinane N.;Dundon T.
International Journal Of Human Resource Management DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2012.667428
Participatory action research with and within community activist groups: Capturing the collective experience of Ireland's Community and Voluntary Pillar in social partnership
Carney G.;Dundon T.;Léime A.
Action Research DOI: 10.1177/1476750312451279
Reconceptualising employee silence: Problems and prognosis
Donaghey J.;Cullinane N.;Dundon T.;Wilkinson A.
Work Employment And Society DOI: 10.1177/0950017010389239
Interviewing reluctant respondents: Strikes, henchmen, and gaelic games
Dundon T.;Ryan P.
Organizational Research Methods DOI: 10.1177/1094428109335571
Bitten by the celtic tiger: Immigrant workers and industrial relations in the New 'Glocalized' Ireland
Dundon T.;Gonzlez-Prez M.;McDonough T.
Economic And Industrial Democracy DOI: 10.1177/0143831X07082122