Welcome to Kemmy Business School (KBS), Ireland’s largest business school. With a reputation for excellence in business education, the triple accredited KBS is one of Ireland’s leading business schools, providing a first-class education designed to prepare graduates for successful and rewarding careers. Testimony to the schools commitment to operate at the highest standards of international business education is its position among the 1% of international business schools who are holders of three coveted international business school accreditations, namely AACSB, EQUIS & AMBA.
Through our programs and our research, and true to Jim Kemmy who the school is named after, we effectively integrate the economy, society and the environment to deliver a positive student experience as well as positive outcomes for the community. The KBS is the academic home to almost 3,500 students and over 120 enthusiastic faculty and staff and offers a wide range of business and management education programmes both on campus and at external locations throughout Ireland.
Professor Finbarr Murphy, Executive Dean Kemmy Business School
With a reputation for excellence in business education, the triple accredited Kemmy Business School @ UL is one of Ireland’s leading business schools, providing a first-class education designed to prepare graduates for successful and rewarding careers.
History of The Kemmy Business School at UL
- In 2008, a milestone in the School's development was the move to the new state-of-the-art Kemmy Business School building and the completion of a €22.5m capital investment in the integrated KBS buildings on campus. In addition, in 2008, KBS was the first business school in Ireland to sign up to the UN Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME).
- In April 2009, a further boost to KBS was the granting of the prestigious EPAS international accreditation for the BBS suite of programmes at undergraduate level (the only such accredited programme in Ireland) and the MSc in Human Resource Management. Moreover, the Master's Degree in Project Management was globally accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the world's largest project management organisation.
- In November 2010, KBS received notification that the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) has given Full Accreditation to the MSc in Work and Organisational Psychology. This is the first such programme to receive this accreditation in Ireland; Also, the Global Accreditation Centre (GAC) for Project Management International, Pennsylvania, USA accredited the Masters in Project Management for a period of 7 years.
- In 2012, at the inaugural InBusiness Editor's Choice Awards, KBS was named Best Business School 2012.
- In 2013, KBS became a PRME Champion, which is limited to 30 Schools worldwide.
- In 2014, AMBA accreditation for our MBA programme was achieved for the maximum period of 5 years in 2014.
- In 2016, KBS was named Best Business School at the InBusiness Recognition Awards 2016.
- In 2017, KBS was again named Best Business School at the InBusiness Recognition Awards 2017. This is the third time that KBS has been awarded this prestigious title.
- In 2019, UL awarded AACSB accreditation for the KBS, the school joining the top 5% of international business schools recognised by AACSB International.
- In 2019, KBS awarded a Bronze Athena Swan Award (under the expanded charter), the first business school in Ireland to achieve this award.
- In 2020, the KBS has once again been designated as a UN PRME Champion School for the new cycle which runs for two years from January 2020.